deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Ripple Cripple (mathematically optimized) - Comments  (Read 234 times)

Comment Bot

Raketenudo

• Decks
Re: Ripple Cripple (mathematically optimized) - Comments
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2021, 02:06:52 pm »
Hey, great idea using simulation to fine tune this deck. Did you take Mulligan strategy into account, and if so, how?
What Mulligang strategy would you recommend?

SchmMaxi

• Decks
Re: Ripple Cripple (mathematically optimized) - Comments
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2021, 12:41:26 pm »
Thanks!
I did, and it was actually quite the hustle coming up with a strategy and specifying these rules :D
In my program it works like this:

Generally: First, put away the cards you need the least.
Then, depending on the remaining hand, decide if it is playable; If not, repeat.

The 'discarding' rules are:
-If you have Thrumming Stone, throw away all Gambles
-If you don't have Thrumming Stone, throw away all Gambles except one
-If you have more than two Stones, throw away all except one
-Then, throw away all Seething Songs except one
-Then, if you have a Seething Song, throw away all Mountains except three
-Then, throw away all Dragon's Ascends (you're gonna draw one anyway)
-If you then still need to 'discard', do anything, it won't really matter at this point.

The rules for playability are:
-Throw away any hand that doesn't have at least one Thrumming Stone or one Gamble
-Throw away a hand with one Mountain or less
-Throw away a hand with exactly two Mountains if you do not have a Seething Song

These rules are 'deactivated' if you have very few cards remaining anyway; Rules 1 and 2 are only active up to and including 5 cards, rule 3 up to and including 6. Therefore, the program will automatically keep any hand with 4 cards, which makes sense imo.

Anyways, these rules are just what I felt would be a good strategy ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Thinking of it, i could also simulate different rulesets and see which one gives the best winrate, but I am a bit tired of programming at this point :D