deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: If you could create any one card, what would it be?  (Read 5105 times)

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
If you could create any one card, what would it be?
« on: September 07, 2021, 09:38:39 am »
For me it would be for zombies, based on Skirk Prospector...

Or, I would like to see Grimgrin get some loving...

Or another token generator....

This space for rent.

bishopsuey

• Decks
Re: If you could create any one card, what would it be?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2021, 12:30:05 pm »
This one here.. my Darien would really like. The CMR Legends "Cycle" we all hoped to continue (the hullbreacher, oppo agent one)... this one could be the white guy.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2021, 12:32:22 pm by bishopsuey »

The Golgari Guy

• Deck optimization never ends
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2021, 12:41:29 pm »
"Don't touch my yard!"

GB

Instant

Exile all cards from target player's graveyard. At the beginning of the next end step, return all cards exiled this way to their owner's graveyard.
Golgari is life. And death.

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2021, 12:58:56 pm »

It's a creature that untaps a permanent and can be a commander. 'Nuff said. I just want to untap things. This is modelled after Vizier of Tumbling Sands so that it's not overpowered and doesn't go infinite on its own with Illusionist's Bracers.
Come brew some jank with us!
https://www.reddit.com/r/jankEDH/

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2021, 02:05:00 pm »
Oh... Oh I know what I want. It's not just one card though. You'll see, it'll be fun. Give me a few days...

volt.

• swift as the wind
  • Decks
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2021, 06:09:29 pm »

I love the Boros legion, but in Modern it is painfully underpowered, and all it can really do competitively is burn, which isn't really on-flavor for an army of Human and Angel Soldiers. Because of that, I made this, which gives them another very strong modern spell. I'm gonna make a whole set of cards eventually, this is just the start.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 04:53:30 am by volt. »
swift as the wind

故其疾如風,其徐如林

侵掠如火,不動如山

Dactylartha

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2021, 07:43:16 pm »

fire5167

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2021, 08:44:56 pm »

Bizarro Soapy

• Squirrel Dealer
  • Decks
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2021, 11:35:15 pm »
I've always wanted an "Engorged Familiar": B 1/1 Thrull with "when this creature dies, if it was sacrificed add BBB"
Don't feed the Hungering Hydra

Potato Chop

• Jank is Dank
  • Decks
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2021, 02:54:06 am »
I love cards that bounce around the table. I also love somewhat uncontrollable cards that have varying outcomes due to complete chance. This is why, out of the many, many hilarious and fun custom cards I've made over the years, I am going to have to pick... drumroll please...

This one.

I love it because of its flavor, its fun, and its uncontrollability. Obviously, there are ways to build your deck in a fashion that will put you in a better position no matter what the outcome of the roll (for example, graveyard / artifact synergy builds), but there is always that dice roll.

NOTE: I actually designed this card before the AFR set, so dice-rolling was only an un-set thing. This is a much more realistic card now!

Landale

• Decks
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2021, 02:58:53 am »
Combat Celebrant on Bath Salts
By that wording you can no longer end your turn normally, as the Ending Phase doesn't exist. You have four combat phases to win without any ability to untap or somehow lose that creature or the game just ends because nobody can actually do anything.

Potato Chop

• Jank is Dank
  • Decks
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2021, 03:06:52 am »
By that wording you can no longer end your turn normally, as the Ending Phase doesn't exist. You have four combat phases to win without any ability to untap or somehow lose that creature or the game just ends because nobody can actually do anything.

What about:

"Every phase is a combat phase in addition to its original phase types.

At the end of each combat phase, if there hasn't already been a Declare Attackers step, there is a Declare Attackers, Declare Blockers, and Assign Combat Damage step."

Obviously it needs additional clarification through (whispers in brackets), but it's a start.

Landale

• Decks
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2021, 03:25:36 am »

What about:

"Every phase is a combat phase in addition to its original phase types.

At the end of each combat phase, if there hasn't already been a Declare Attackers step, there is a Declare Attackers, Declare Blockers, and Assign Combat Damage step."

Obviously it needs additional clarification through (whispers in brackets), but it's a start.
That would work. I think the Ending Combat Phase would end the turn before it can get around to the various combat steps, but at the very least that keeps the game from breaking.

jlutzxinc

• Decks
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2021, 09:43:10 am »
I'd make a card like a super Garth One-Eye, except it's also a super Tome of the Infinite that makes token copies of any cardgame card ever to exist INCLUDING FICTIONAL ONES at random and casts the copies without paying for them.  It would obviously be silver-bordered.

@Landale & Potato Chop: since your phrasing specifies there not being such steps already you can replace "at the end" with "at the beginning", and then not only get an Ending Combat Phase that works but also keep a Beginning one within which only creatures that have Vigilance or were previously untapped (e.g. entered with Summoning Sickness on the previous turn) can attack.

ETA: Adding a clause like "you can't gain or lose Steps except with this ability" would both rebalance it AND prevent Stasis locks.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 09:50:55 am by jlutzxinc »

Plagueis0

• Decks
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2021, 11:16:56 pm »
I was very excited for the templating of Uro and Kroxa but considering how broken one is and how oppressive the other is, I find it doubtful they will finish the cycle :(