deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Copy of: Copy of: Copy of: Copy of: Copy of: Copy - Comments  (Read 240 times)

Potato Chop

• Jank is Dank
  • Decks
Re: Copy of: Copy of: Copy of: Copy of: Copy of: Copy - Comments
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2021, 09:08:52 am »
Hey there! Love the name. Very intellectual. Esix is a great commander, and I think this deck looks pretty solid. However, there are a couple things it looks like you could improve to tip it over the edge - if you're looking for that, of course!

First of all, ramp. Your commander costs 6 mana, which is a lot, and as far as I can see the only real ramp you have comes in the form of dorks. Now I can see how these would be useful in a deck like this: create copies of the dorks for additional mana. However, a Llanowar Elves is really not a great target when there are so many higher-value creatures you could copy already in there. Something that taps for lots of mana (like Llanowawar Tribe) would be a whole lot better than something that taps for a single green, and if you've made the 6 mana necessary to play your commander, you have better ways to spend your precious Esix triggers than on 1/1 dorks that die to literally every removal spell in existance. And you're in Simic, for heaven's sake! Just a Rampant Growth, Farseek, or Growth Spiral (or all of them) would be much more effective. I definitely suggest loading up the deck with land ramp. It will be much more reliable and allow you to get your commander down much earlier.

Also, what's Harmonize doing in here? You're in blue. Since you're already spamming tokens, an enchantment like Reconnaissance Mission would be more on-theme and generate you a whole lot more value over the course of the game. Alternatively, you could use... ANY blue draw spell with higher efficiency than 3 cards for 4 mana.

Now, for the creatures. There are a couple in here that I am dubious on.

• Shardless Agent: Cascade only triggers when you cast something, not when you make a token copy of it, so I'm not sure what this is here for.
  • Crafty Cutpurse: Sure it makes tokens, but only if your opponents are making tokens, and since it won't be on your turn, Esix won't allow you to use them. In addition, 4 mana is a lot to hold up on the off chance that one of your opponents might make a token.
  • Mystic Snake: Once again, Esix doesn't trigger on other people's turns, so this thing's basically useless. Just a straight-up Counterspell or Arcane Denial would be better if you're looking for a way to counter a spell.
  • Masked Vandal...? Why is it here? For Sosuke's Summons or something? You have some recursion, so exiling a creature card from your graveyard is actually a cost to you. You already have Rec Sage, Acidic Slime, and Viridian Shaman, and not only is this guy's trigger conditional, it's also unrelated. When you create a bunch of Masked Vandals, you'll lose your whole graveyard. Rec Sage is a much better choice.

Those were the standouts, but now let me just take a moment to admire the goods parts of this deck.
  • I love the idea of stacking Master of Waves with itself. Not only do you make a million Elemental tokens, they're also all super buff. Same thing with Deep Forest Hermit. Nice bit of synergy there!
  • Shamanic Revelation is going to do some serious work in here!
  • Farhaven Elf is going to be great with Esix. Now that's value.
  • Tireless Tracker is also going to work wonders in here. Play a land, get a clue, which could be a copy of your biggest creature? Amazing.

Apart from land ramp, I would also suggest mass buffs (like Overwhelming Stampede), since your strategy is most definitely "Go wide AND big!", and in terms of creature suggestions, the number one that springs to mind is Giant Adephage. This thing can get out of hand ridiculously quickly, and it's pretty cheap in terms of money. Two other budget-friendly suggestions are Brood Monitor and Cultivator of Blades. There are more I could suggest to you, but this comment is already super long. I won't waste any more of your time.

I hope the input is helpful, and that you have fun with the deck! It looks pretty neat.

localnative13

• Decks
Re: Copy of: Copy of: Copy of: Copy of: Copy of: Copy - Comments
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2021, 02:24:06 am »
1000% honesty, i literally copied and pasted the deck from another deck on here to quickly play with lol i did not create this decklist whatso ever. i do appreciate the write up tho! i did like the deck enough i might put some elbow grease into it and will tkae your advice into account!