deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Feature Request / Question: Search for card's comments in collection  (Read 449 times)

Zombo

• Patron
  • Decks
In my deckstats collection, I've started using the card's comment field, to enter the name of the binder, where I can find a card. I use that for when I'm building a new deck, to track down that specific card even faster.
Now sometimes I have the need the move whole parts of my collection between binders, and then I would like to find all cards of my collection, that have a comment "Binder 1" to change that comment to "Binder 2".

AFAIK you can't search for cards comments at the moment. Or did I miss that features? If not, is there a reason not to add it, because searching the comments would be to expensive performance wise, or was there just no need for it, yet?

Ps.: I'm open to suggestions to better mark which card is in which folder at the moment, instead of the comment feature.

Nils

• Decks
Re: Feature Request / Question: Search for card's comments in collection
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2021, 10:07:43 pm »
I actually added this feature at some point but had to disable it again for performance reasons. It just became too slow to search across all the cards in a collection, especially for larger collections. I will add it to my list again though - maybe I can find a faster solution.

One option for you could be to make a separate collection for each binder, but that will have its own issues of course.
Please contact the user “admin” or email [email protected] if you have any questions about Deckstats!

Zombo

• Patron
  • Decks
Re: Feature Request / Question: Search for card's comments in collection
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2021, 10:33:03 pm »
If I would make a separate collection for each binder, would I still be able to search all collections at once?