deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Classic Meren Sacrifice / Reanimator  (Read 307 times)

nethys

• Decks
Classic Meren Sacrifice / Reanimator
« on: October 30, 2021, 10:03:59 am »
Hello,
I'm in the process of upgrading my current Meren deck based on reanimation and sacrifice.
https://deckstats.net/decks/98891/2095335-meren-queen-of-the-grave/fr

I try to use a pattern that I found on Internet and tested with some other deck wich follow those guidelines :
- 30 Cards that have a synergy with the deck thematic
- 10 Ramp
- 10 Draws
- 10 Removals
- 5 Wrath
- 34 to 36 lands

For each of the category, of course, it's an indicative value which must be adjusted based on deck needs. Moreover, the sum is over 100 cards, which mean that we have to reduce somewhere. And also, some cards could be in several place. For instance, in an elf deck, Mystic elves could be in "ramp" or in "synergy".

I tried to do the same with the deck listed here. But I came across a problem. For the previous deck I made with this technique, the strategy was pretty simple : I made a Brago with ETB spells and blink spells in synergy, I made an Equipment deck with equipments and creature with interesting effects with equiment (equip as flash, tutor, evasion skills etc...).

But here, it's a bit more complex. I could have more category and I don't know how to balance my synergie section (in number of cards) between those synergy themes :
- Sacrifice enabler : Cards that make me sacrifice others cards to help raise my Exp
- Sacrifice target : Cards that could be interesting to sacrifice to trigger somme effects
- Reanimation enabler : Cards that allow the reanimation of others cards which is somehow the heart of the deck
- Reanimation target : Card that would be interesting to reanimate because they are powerful, but hard to cast rapidly by normal way
- Other cards that benefits from being in the graveyard or that benefits that there are a lot of other cards in graveyard

I'd like to have some advice or some card suggestion to improve the deck and to balance those category.
Thanks in advance.