deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Session aktualisieren button and then try again.

Autor Thema: Help me make two cuts to my Teysa Karlov EDH deck.  (Gelesen 698 mal)

quakenbake64

• Decks
Help me make two cuts to my Teysa Karlov EDH deck.
« am: Oktober 31, 2021, 08:50:17 Nachmittag »
https://deckstats.net/decks/181444/2296517-tesa-karlov-v2-0

Im at 102 cards, including the commander. This is the worst part of building a deck; deciding what to cut. I just added Harvester of Souls and Deadly Dispute because I was lacking good card draw. Now everything feels like a bad idea to cut. any suggestions?

Landale

• Decks
Re: Help me make two cuts to my Teysa Karlov EDH deck.
« Antwort #1 am: Oktober 31, 2021, 09:08:08 Nachmittag »
By the looks of it you'll be having tokens die more than nontokens, so Harvester of Souls is a bit underwhelming at its cost when you've already got Grim Haruspex and Midnight Reaper in.
Butcher of Malakir is one of those cards I tend to find costs too much. Outside of wanting tribal synergies, I'd always want a Grave Pact or Dictate of Erebos over that.
Revel in Riches is one of those cards nobody's going to let you have. If it even manages to hit the table, expect everyone to set aside whatever they were doing to kill you ASAP. Drawing that much attention is rarely a good thing.

ApothecaryGeist

• Decks
« Antwort #2 am: Oktober 31, 2021, 09:10:33 Nachmittag »
I would cut Cartographer's Hawk and Demonic Tutor.

Carrier Thrull, Pawn of Ulamog, Pitiless Plunderer all belong in the Ramp category for this deck.  They ramp you for doing what the deck wants to do.  But Cartographer's Hawk not only requires that it attack, but also that it deal damage to the player AND that the particular player that it dealt damage control more lands than you.  Your deck doesn't want to concern itself with all that nonsense.

And then my mantra is: if you don't know what to cut, cut a tutor.  You have a ton of duplication.  You have 6 sac outlets.  You have over a dozen different things that give you benefit when a creature dies.  With all this redundancy, you'll never need to tutor for anything.  Either cut a tutor or cut something redundant.
Happy Brewing!
:)

quakenbake64

• Decks
« Antwort #3 am: Oktober 31, 2021, 09:14:35 Nachmittag »
I would cut Cartographer's Hawk and Demonic Tutor.

Carrier Thrull, Pawn of Ulamog, Pitiless Plunderer all belong in the Ramp category for this deck.  They ramp you for doing what the deck wants to do.  But Cartographer's Hawk not only requires that it attack, but also that it deal damage to the player AND that the particular player that it dealt damage control more lands than you.  Your deck doesn't want to concern itself with all that nonsense.

And then my mantra is: if you don't know what to cut, cut a tutor.  You have a ton of duplication.  You have 6 sac outlets.  You have over a dozen different things that give you benefit when a creature dies.  With all this redundancy, you'll never need to tutor for anything.  Either cut a tutor or cut something redundant.

good point on the Cartographer's Hawk. that might be the first cut.

and i agree on the bad categorization of some of the cards, but it gets messy when a card fits into multiple categories.

EDIT: I took your hawk suggestion and also reorganized the list a little better.
« Letzte Änderung: Oktober 31, 2021, 09:19:32 Nachmittag von quakenbake64 »

Landale

• Decks
« Antwort #4 am: Oktober 31, 2021, 09:36:23 Nachmittag »
and i agree on the bad categorization of some of the cards, but it gets messy when a card fits into multiple categories.
You can always make use of notes. For those ramp cards, as an example, just leave a "Death Payoff" note on them.

ApothecaryGeist

• Decks
« Antwort #5 am: Oktober 31, 2021, 10:36:23 Nachmittag »

EDIT: I took your hawk suggestion and also reorganized the list a little better.

Don't sweat it.  The best cards for a deck will often fall into multiple categories.
Happy Brewing!
:)

STARBREAKER111

• Decks
« Antwort #6 am: Oktober 31, 2021, 10:50:14 Nachmittag »
you could remove Yahenni, Undying Partisan or Revel in Riches. I find those too much situational.

Yahenni isn’t what I would call “situational”, he is a free, repeatable sac outlet, thats why he is used here, his other abilities don’t matter too much.