deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Looking for help tweaking my Omnath deck  (Read 360 times)

pendraggon87

• Decks
Looking for help tweaking my Omnath deck
« on: November 01, 2021, 07:09:52 pm »
I'm struggling at the last mile to cut some cards. Would appreciate any advice!

Revision 7

ApothecaryGeist

• Decks
Re: Looking for help tweaking my Omnath deck
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2021, 04:08:30 pm »
17 is a lot of cards to cut.  So I'll give some general advice on cutting cards, rather than giving some specific examples.

First is to decide why each card is in the deck.  You have already divided your deck into categories.  This is a really good start.  Most categories are going to have three to ten cards in them.  Your "Aggro" and "Utility" categories have 17 cards in them.  That's a lot.  I would suggest that is where you make some cuts. 

Also, decide on a game plan.  How do you want this deck to win?  Only keep the cards that further that goal.

Your "Ramp" category is also huge.  You'll want to cut down some of this.  If all you draw are your ramp cards, you'll have nothing to do with all that mana.

36 lands might be to much.    It is an Omnath deck, so maybe not.  Personally, I would cut a couple.  Particularly Dryad Arbor.  I'm in the "Dryad Arbor is overrated" camp.  Unless you are doing graveyard shenanigans with it, it is generally inferior to a basic forest.
Happy Brewing!
:)