deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Budget Alela Deck Advice  (Read 483 times)

Zandramaas

• Decks
Budget Alela Deck Advice
« on: December 12, 2021, 02:31:47 am »
So I've had a go at making my first deck from scratch (not that I haven't looked at other decks online for ideas and suggestions, but previously I have only done precon upgrades). It's a Budget Alela deck.

I haven't leant fully into either artifacts or enchantress, so I've kept to generic value trying to trigger Alela as much as possible, as quickly as possible. In the Maybeboard are some of the more expensive cards which would form planned upgrades over time to the deck.

I am hoping for some general feedback and suggestions for the deck. I.e. is there enough ramp? Too much protection and not enough removal. Any particular suggestions etc.

https://deckstats.net/decks/188153/2351456-alela-budget

Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2021, 02:50:21 am by Zandramaas »

Zandramaas

• Decks
Re: Budget Alela Deck Advice
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2021, 09:26:22 pm »
So the first change I%u2019ve made is to replace Cathar%u2019s Crusade with gravitational shift. Though I am currently unsure whether it, dictate of Heliod or a cheaper anthem would be better. I think I would prefer Scion of Oona the most, but that%u2019s an upgrade for later.

My reasoning for dropping Cathar%u2019s crusade was that although it can be very strong here, it requires setup to shine and the effect isn%u2019t instant. Either dictate or shift both immediately affect powers on the board and are more resilient.

I am also considering cutting ghostly prison and propaganda, as I%u2019m unsure if they are worth the slots currently, as I%u2019m playing a fairly aggressive build. If I cut them, I would probably add estrid%u2019s invocation and something else I am currently undecided on.

What%u2019s the take on my choice of board wipes? Obviously the are a lot of good ones in these colours. I went for merciless eviction because it is an exile effect and flexible, and supreme verdict seems good. I did consider using time wipe rather than it because it would allow me to return alela to hand most likely. I also liked the idea of hour of reckoning, because I will likely have a lot of token myself, but decided against it because if I need to board wipe, I%u2019m likely not ahead and want to make sure it fully refers the board.

Does Dream Trawler fit with this deck do you think? It%u2019s flying, has card draw, lifelink and hexproof on demand. My thoughts lean more towards no purely because it%u2019s quite costly: 6 mana.

Also, I%u2019m torn on whether I should be using more enchantment based removal such as oblivion ring. They can be flexible and powerful, and trigger alela. But they are more costly mana wise than a lot of the instants I have included. They also don%u2019t work at instant speed. Generally, the removal spells I have included I have tried to either have as Artifact/enchantment if destroy, or if an instant as much as possible i have gone for exile effects. What%u2019s opinions on this, should I reduce my instant speed removal to add more enchantment removal?

Edit: Also, what%u2019s the take on Sai, Master Thopterist. If I had gone fully Artifact focussed, then I think this is an incredibly strong card. However with the spread of artifacts and  enchantments, do I have enough to justify including him?

Edit2: Why have all my apostophes been replaced with %u2019s ?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2021, 03:52:30 pm by Zandramaas »