deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Modern] Show a Sliver deck  (Read 1677 times)

Elan Morin Tedronai

• Modern Tribal Combinations!
  • Decks
[Modern] Show a Sliver deck
« on: December 18, 2021, 11:30:33 pm »
Inspired, by the other topic by Sylvester12, I decided to invite those of you who are Sliver fans to possibly show such a deck? These are my Naya Offspring Slivers.
Mostly Time Spiral and Magic 2011 with few from Modern Horizons especially re-released Cloudshredder Sliver. Would you show your Sliver decks? Possibly not the First Sliver 5-coloured Premium Slivers, but fewer colors if you have. For me the Red, Green and White Slivers are the most menacing, hence the Two Headed Sliver for this Tribe. Actually my deck is in working mode, since I hesitate on the supporting spells. What other spells to put beside Slivers? Interesting question. You can contribute probably, since I am undecided at the moment. Got 2 stars, which is very honorable, but I am bit undecided. Should I make room for Poultice Sliver? I'd like to keep the budget the same.
Regards:
Chavo
« Last Edit: December 18, 2021, 11:33:49 pm by Elan Morin Tedronai »

Schau

• Decks
Re: [Modern] Show a Sliver deck
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2021, 03:52:04 pm »
I would consider removing battering sliver for more copies of predatory sliver. Battering sliver is just way too high mana cost to be worth it.

Elan Morin Tedronai

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2021, 09:13:48 pm »
Good suggestion. I'm considering removing another spell and put it. All on Slivers.

STARBREAKER111

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2021, 10:52:23 pm »
why would people downvote this post? Seems unreasonable... so i decided to upvote do undo the damage ;) but whoever did this, please don't downvote without cause, I see no reason for it here.

Elan Morin Tedronai

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2021, 01:32:09 am »
Would you show a Sliver deck? If you have such of course. Probably, you are not hiding, but they're not difficult to make. Sylvester made fine propositions in Sliver Tribal Commander topic. Yet, I think they can be fewer colors in Modern. Generally however my mood is that Time Spiral is everything. I hope people would not react negatively. I am asking if someone wants to share their decks. There's always "Search" of course, but I can always find some inspiration. The lifelink Syphon Sliver is rocking high priced. However, the Essence Sliver is way better.
Regards:
Chavo
« Last Edit: December 23, 2021, 01:37:25 am by Elan Morin Tedronai »

Elan Morin Tedronai

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2022, 12:21:33 am »
Tonight at FNM, I tested my new Naya Slivers. I made several mistakes to not count my cards until the 3rd game, after a bye. I played with 62, BUT: very positive personal reception. Cloudshredder Sliver and Gemhide Sliver just makes the deck. Realmwalker also is fantastic addition. What I decided gradually when making it to not include non-creature spells, I think I made a right decision. Not to argue with anyone, but the Slivers themselves are "menacing" enough as Two-Headed Sliver and the burns are just burns. In Bulgaria some mostly rely on creature decks. But some play with strong Trons. And some Storm Combo decks. I was put against Storm Combo decks and the budget is extremely high so I don't have any chance seemingly? No, 1-2 in both Storm-matches and good reception. Despite 62 over-decked: good opinion. Although I was disappointed initially on my luck with the opponents. The 3rd game was very tough 0-2 with an young opponent with 4 Hardened Scales and counters on creatures. I was supposed to make a 5-mulligan after no mana in the first 7, and was so disappointed of my bad luck even with 60 cards. I did more against the Storm decks with 62. Lotus Bloom and Lotus Field? Yes, fantastic cards, had my chances in the 2 games, but none in the 3rd. I was so disappointed on the verge to walk over. No, the boy said: "Take a new hand, man. Don't get disappointed. Let's make a match." Which was fine and good match, even with 60 cards, but mercilessly beaten up. I got home just and remade the mana pool and took some imaginary hands? Yes, good on shuffle. There's always this bad luck in shuffling sometimes. I know I am reviving my own thread. Naya Slivers are one of the most menacing Sliver combination of colors. There are many variants, but the essence of menacing Slivers for me are the Naya Slivers. I admire this. This deck was just tested. Make a good match? First time going in this pandemic after nearly an year. Yeah, let's make a good match. Anyone can show a Sliver deck. Many Sliver decks and combinations. Jund Slivers are also very menacing combination. Syphon Sliver is good. Modern speaking of course. The First Sliver is good, but only to play them in EDH. Enough blah-blah: show a Sliver deck if you want, Modern-minded.
https://deckstats.net/decks/9282/2092735-naya-realm-slivers

Ace024

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2022, 11:23:48 pm »
Are you asking others to also post their Sliver decks onto this thread? If so i will be back with a deck to show you.

Elan Morin Tedronai

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2022, 07:28:42 pm »
Sure. Show whatever Sliver Modern decks you have. Everyone can show. I know there are a lot of decks, but people can be free to show something of a current. This is like last year's doing. Modern Sliver decks are mostly Time Spiral, M10, M11 and Modern Horizons as mine. Maybe most "last updated" decks are excluding Modern Horizons from their visions like the Outlast Sliver. Well, all can be included, but any color combination can be featured here. I guess people have the budget for Cavern of Souls and Ancient Ziggurat, but this is just with Jungle Shrine. I will go and play at FNM probably again this Friday and will relate my experience after the match. Yes, with the Slivers, but this time I'm more confident. I hope I'll have more luck against opponents. Yeah, no Storm this night I hope. I'll see.

Ace024

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2022, 12:17:58 am »
I built this so everyone at the table could share in the absurdity that is Slivers lol

https://deckstats.net/decks/114640/1989043-sliver-winfrey

Elan Morin Tedronai

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2022, 01:00:31 am »
As promised, I am reporting the Sliver (with sigh) a bit lack of success. Really: no chance. Against the Storm-Combo with Tameshi, Reality Architect, Lotus Bloom and Borborygmos Enraged. He draws his whole deck and discards all the lands against me. BUT: strong and good performance by my side. I am not ashamed. Then, after a bye: another strong deck which relies on creatures with Double Strike like Swiftblade Vindicator and Fabled Hero. Boros deck that is heavy with Instants that give power and trample. Good performance and a bit lack of luck in both games. Third game? Against another friend who plays with Gargadon but control with Timecrafting, Crashing Footfalls and lot of Suspend. Strong-strong combination. Again: the friend told me to make a match and keep the 7, when I was mulliganing to 5. Great gesture. Then, another great thank you to local player who liked my Slivers and gave me Sliver Hive as a gift. Brought me close to tears: it's €15. Great thanks to this guy. I even started dreaming about putting another 1. It's the ultimate Sliver-fixer. For EDH it is, but for Modern it's the best. If it gave as Cavern of Souls, it'd be ultra for Slivers, but it's fantastic this way as well. I'm kidding. It's great thank you. So, now I have 1 of "reveal lands": Furycalm Snarl, Fortified Village, Game Trail. With 1 Sliver Hive, but I'd like to gain someday another 1. Great performance by the deck, albeit on the losing side seemingly. No, the FNM was important. The Gathering. After being sick with epilepsy and having being through several sicknesses of covid-19, it was very nice to go this Friday as well. I haven't been in a sequence for a long time. Really. I'll try to go again next week for sure and will report again. Probably, today was raining in Sofia and it was decisive because only 9 people showed and 1 was with buy all the time. It sucks, but it happens. People were playing "D&D" and another board game, but we weren't like 12 or 14 to have 5 or 6 rounds even till 23 or 24. Even more boosters and more cards carrying people. I look forward to play again next week at FNM. Slivers again, it is Sliver Modern FNM and I will report for sure. Kidding, but really: it's very nice to test them. People play however strong combinations and if we're the same rotation: I'll be lucky to score a win. I'll be very happy, but lucky for sure. If we're more, then it'll be great night. Maybe, I'll be luckier next time with Naya Realm Slivers.
https://deckstats.net/decks/9282/2092735-naya-realm-slivers
EDIT: 2x Homing Sliver would be better as sideboard. Virtually, I don't need to discard Sliver. Everysliver (among included), kidding, is important. 2x Bladeback Sliver from 50 greens, reds and whites Modern Slivers (out of included) is better, because I'm out of cards in hand regardless the non-creature spells.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2022, 01:49:05 am by Elan Morin Tedronai »