deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: mono white landfall  (Read 541 times)

newmann

• Decks
mono white landfall
« on: December 19, 2021, 06:13:26 pm »
https://deckstats.net/decks/196744/2361256-mono-wihte-landfall

any suggestion ?
 i made it a bit buget with cards i have

newmann

• Decks
Re: mono white landfall
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2021, 06:14:23 pm »
https://deckstats.net/decks/196744/2361256-mono-wihte-landfall

any suggestion?

i made it a bit budget with cards i have

The Golgari Guy

• Deck optimization never ends
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2021, 11:46:58 am »
I love the idea, it's very cool! Here are some suggestions:

-Most of your ramp cards are based on having fewer lands than your opponents ("catch-up" ramp). The problem with this is that as soon as you don't have fewer lands than at least one opponents, they will stop working. Lotus Field is great to insure they continue working. You can also look for Scorched Ruins and Lotus Vale, but they are both on the reserved list and rather expensive. Also they can be blown up by targeted land removal (unlike Lotus Field), which would be a disaster.

-Your payoffs are a bit weak. How about some big spell? Maybe Eldrazis (you have cheap ones like Artisan of Kozilek) or stuff like Storm Herd.

-Your card draw is also a bit weak. For a deck like this, Endless Atlas seems like a must. You can also consider Horn of Greed, Welcoming Vampire, Treasure Map, Sandstone Oracle, Arch of Orazca and War Room.

Hope this helps!
« Last Edit: December 20, 2021, 11:52:15 am by The Golgari Guy »
Golgari is life. And death.

newmann

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2021, 12:51:02 pm »
thank you for your ideas

i therms of catch-up ramp that is the way white ramps  ::) but i have Pegasus Stampede ,Zuran Orb ,
Arcane Spyglass ,Oath of Lieges ,Ghirapur Orrery, Aura Fracture to go behind on lands

may payoff are a bit weak and need some time to roll on but i dont know waht big funy spell i can put in
for storm herd i have not enough life gain :-\

in therms of card draw yeah wihte card draw  ::) endless atlass and arch of orazca i maybe will add but the others are to expensiv i will make it buget friendly (the cards i have not included like Enlightened Tutor,Land Tax,Archaeomancer's MapField of the Dead, )

Bonethousand

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2021, 01:56:21 pm »
Looks dope. It's a lot like an Eight-And-A-Half Tails deck I've been wanting to try. Trove Warden is a great card for what you're trying to do, but without a sac outlet, you're pretty much relying on wiping your own board to get the value, so maybe it's not worth it.

The Golgari Guy

• Deck optimization never ends
  • Decks
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2021, 02:58:16 pm »
thank you for your ideas

i therms of catch-up ramp that is the way white ramps  ::) but i have Pegasus Stampede ,Zuran Orb ,
Arcane Spyglass ,Oath of Lieges ,Ghirapur Orrery, Aura Fracture to go behind on lands

Lotus Field and the other cards I mentioned allow you to go down on lands while remaining neutral on mana, though. That's why they are so good  ;)

may payoff are a bit weak and need some time to roll on but i dont know waht big funy spell i can put in
for storm herd i have not enough life gain :-\

Some budget-friendly ideas:

- Artisan of Kozilek
- Pathrazer of Ulamog
- Ulamog's Crusher
- Blazing Archon
- Serra's Emissary

Also a Storm Herd with 30-40 life is still quite good!
Golgari is life. And death.

DDaniDMrt

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2021, 03:04:17 pm »
Ehi!

I like this deck too!

It cathced my eye expecially for all the cards it has I didn't even hear of. :o

I also agree lotus field would be very nice.

There is a card I would definetly like to see in a deck like this: Catastrophe. As a mass removal if needed, with the nice addition to be a zuran orb like effect: you can destroy all lands and then recover them with second sunrise and planar birth for a lot of landfall trigger.

Have fun

anjinsan

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2021, 05:43:25 pm »
-Most of your ramp cards are based on having fewer lands than your opponents ("catch-up" ramp). The problem with this is that as soon as you don't have fewer lands than at least one opponents, they will stop working.
I actually prefer not using catch-up ramp in this type of deck, myself. All the "brought back" type stuff is plenty good at ramping, plus you can play Crucible of Worlds for some pseudo-draw. You need a lot of fetchlands for this to work; for a budget version you may be stuck with Fabled Passage and the like.

This is better for landfall (fetches = double triggers) and doesn't conflict with White's other powerful ramp options (i.e. Stoneforge Mystic, Steelshaper's Gift, Open the Armoury, etc).

I've often had little trouble ramping in monowhite decks using this approach (the problem is doing that and also still managing card draw!).

For other decks, one might go all-in on catchup ramp, but I don't think you will get as much landfall. I might still include Archaeomancer's Map or Weathered Wayfarer as they are good enough; map is OK as pseudo-draw even if you never use its second ability.