deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Carth the Lion / Sisters of Stone Death  (Read 388 times)

sophiefromhowls

• Decks
Carth the Lion / Sisters of Stone Death
« on: January 27, 2022, 05:31:01 pm »
Hi all! I got great advice the last time I posted here, so I thought I would ask you for help on my most recent build.

I am putting together a deck as a gift for my partner's birthday. She loves Vraska and gorgons in general, so I thought, what better than a gorgon-themed superfriends deck helmed by Carth the Lion. My hope is that this would allow her to play and ult more Vraskas. In adding the gorgons, and looking at the Vraskas, I saw a deathtouch subtheme that seemed a pretty natural fit, so that went in, too. The idea is that if she wanted to play the deck as more deathtouch-tribal-with-planeswalkers, she could swap out Carth for Sisters of Stone Death or Glissa, the Traitor.

So, what do you think? Are there enough PW's to form a critical mass for Carth procs? Is there enough room left for the deathtouch theme to be developed? Am I missing any killer tech for Carth or Sisters? I went with Wrenn and Seven in the money slot for PW's, is there a better choice in a similar price range? Budget is flexible but our meta is only moderately powered, so no need for e.g. Doubling Season or faster mana.

https://deckstats.net/decks/164602/2402039-googaroo/en

Cosmic_Insight

• praise Sylveon for upvotes
  • Decks
Re: Carth the Lion / Sisters of Stone Death
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2022, 08:06:45 pm »
One thing that almost all of those really mean Superfriends decks love the most is boardwipes. More specifically, creature-only board wipes. These won't kill your planeswalkers, and completely clear any opposition from enemy creatures. Granted, there aren't an incrdible amount of boardwipes for creatures in green, but black has Toxic Deluge, Damnation, and Black Sun's Zenith, along with some others.
God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. owo