deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Mill / Ninja - Comments  (Read 299 times)

Comment Bot

Mill / Ninja - Comments
« on: February 24, 2022, 05:46:31 pm »

Haurent

• Help me I'm in pain. Also check my decks owo
  • Decks
Re: Mill / Ninja - Comments
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2022, 05:46:31 pm »
Is this deck on a budget by any chance? Because there's a lot of room for improvement if you wish for me to help

Actl7895

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2022, 01:20:25 pm »
Any help is welcome, its very much a WIP but has played well in the games I've used it in, so far, just without the fancy lands.

Haurent

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2022, 04:48:24 pm »
I don't know too much about ninjas, I just recently brewed a ninja deck and I'm still working around it, but I've learnt some things.
I am however experienced with mill since it's one of the archetypes I've played with the most.

First I need to know the budget. Since I see this costs around 108€-179$ I'll move around that. No, I won't be suggesting fetchlands nor stupidly expensive cards.

One of the first things I see is that you're pretty much trying to play a million different creatures and not really commiting to anything specific.

If you wanna mill and play ninjas there are cards that allow that.
Soaring-Thought Thief and Thieves' Guild Enforcer are good options for that, which also leads you towards a creature type.

Playing with rogues and ninjas is more viable thanks to Kamigawa Neon Dynasty, with cards like Silver-Fur Master or Prosperous Thief. Silver-Fur Master enables Ninjutsu tempo and Satoru Umezawa, also serving as a lord, while Prosperous Thief helps ramping.

also in terms of creatures you can easily get rid of the Slither Blade and the Mist-Cloaked Herald for a playset of Thousand-Faced Shadow.
What I mean is that should commit into having more copies of an effective card rather than trying to fit everything into the deck. It's okay if something doesn't fit.

Now that I said my part with ninjas I can go on with mill.
There are two ways it works, either you go all-or-nothing with mill or the control route. Mixing ninjas and mill is doable, you just gotta find a good payoff for using both strategies aside.

I can continue if you'd like, since I can go on for a while

Actl7895

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2022, 11:30:56 pm »
Yeah I was looking at Silver-Fur Master and adding more Satoru Umezawa , this list was made from cards I just happened to have and stuff I recently packed, I honestly might change it to a more control and agro based deck and put some stuff in like Spell Shatter, Leyline of Anticipation and Evil Presence. I could probably go a bit higher on the price tho as I've got plenty of cards to trade with my local community.

Actl7895

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2022, 11:32:36 pm »

Haurent

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2022, 08:37:36 pm »
After a while I've come back, my bad.
When it comes to Mill I've seen two ways, the explosive way or the consistent way.
Explosiveness comes with cards like Archive Trap or Fleet Swallower. Consistency comes from cards like Sphinx's Tutelage or Patient Rebuilding.
Mixing it up with Ninjas I think you should see what's the payoff from milling your opponent.
Rogues play around it with cards like Thieves' Guild Enforcer or Soaring Thought-Thief, and thanks to Kamigawa there's a connection between ninjas and rogues.
Ink-Eyes, Servant of Oni, is a card that can play along Milling and Ninjas, kinda like Kotose, the Silent Spider.
Then there are backup cards that work around milling your opponent like Drown in the Loch or Into the Story.

Hopefully the info has helped you, and you I can always come back to tell you about copies of cards you can add