deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Autor Tópico: Need help dealing with getting my commander stolen along with the rest of my car  (Lida 1757 vezes)

Adamnasa

• Decks
I want to create a new commander deck that can deal with Urza, Lord High Artificer. I am getting my commander stolen at a ridiculous rate by this deck. I'd like a deck that is built around Hexproof with removal of artifacts and enchantments.

I was thinking using Progenitus as my commander. It would give me access to five colors, although I don't necessarily need to scatter all five in there. I am looking forward to what the Hive Mind here at Deckstats comes up with.

Thanks!

anjinsan

• Decks
Well... what's the only thing more powerful than an overpowered blue commander?

Monowhite!

You think I'm joking, but Kataki, War's Wage does not joke. He just wages war.

The Golgari Guy

• Deck optimization never ends
  • Decks
I want to create a new commander deck that can deal with Urza, Lord High Artificer. I am getting my commander stolen at a ridiculous rate by this deck. I'd like a deck that is built around Hexproof with removal of artifacts and enchantments.

I was thinking using Progenitus as my commander. It would give me access to five colors, although I don't necessarily need to scatter all five in there. I am looking forward to what the Hive Mind here at Deckstats comes up with.

Thanks!

So... You basically want to build a deck entirely to counter another person's deck?
Then what is going to happen when you play against other decks?

Also, Progenitus is extremely slow and is probably just going to get run over even by a budget version of Urza to be honest...

If you're afraid of your commander getting stolen, there are solutions: Homeward Path, Lightning Greaves, Swiftfoot Boots. Or you can play some counterspells, or (sure) other spells that give hexproof. I just suggest you don't devote too many slots to these effects or you'll dilute your deck too much.

If you really want a commander with hexproof, there are some very powerful ones. Sigarda, Host of Herons and Narset, Enlightened Master come to mind.
Golgari is life. And death.

MattPCA

• Decks
Progenitus comes out fairly (fairly I say) using Ramos, Dragon engine and the collection of Border Posts. Perhapes this is what you are doing. I thought Id just leave this here. Good Luck.

Slyvester12

• Decks
Progenitus comes out fairly (fairly I say) using Ramos, Dragon engine and the collection of Border Posts. Perhapes this is what you are doing. I thought Id just leave this here. Good Luck.

If they're struggling under even a middling Urza deck, something faster than Progenitus would probably be preferable. Urza usually comes out before T4 and then ramps in most versions. Even with a full suite of rocks and dorks with a perfect manabase, Progenitus would come down what, T5 or 6?

If you're trying to out value an Urza deck or just want to deal with the stax, I would go with a green swarm deck like elfball or an aggro deck like goblins that tries to take Urza out before they can get a lock. Of course, going for a combo route would probably be the best answer, but that can get pricey depending on what Urza is running.
Elves and infect are the best things in Magic.

Bonethousand

• Decks
Yeah, I'd agree with the last few comments and recommend out-valuing the Urza deck with a low to the ground aggro/control build. Some of the most frustrating decks I've played against were Edric, Spymaster of Trest and Rashmi, Eternities Crafter. They were both builds that leaned heavily into counterspells and extra turns. Gives you a way to counteract Urza while still having a playable deck in other matchups.

Bizarro Soapy

• Squirrel Dealer
  • Decks
You could try just not playing in games with that player. I've encountered some pretty bad players in the past (by which I mean not respecting other players enjoyment, only playing CEDH decks, lying about power level, etc.) and they tend to be a self-solving problem once a playgroup stops being meek about it. It doesn't matter how unbeatable a deck is, they don't win if they don't get to actually play games.

Of course, many players don't have a wealth of options when it comes to playgroup, so you could try ownership effects like Brand, broad artifact removal like Consulate Crackdown, or more aggro strategies like Haste or Flash to hit before he has an opportunity to disrupt you.
Don't feed the Hungering Hydra

anjinsan

• Decks
Artifact removal, commander protection and (to a lesser extent) Homeward Path effects are all things that are usually pretty good to have in your deck anyway and ought to help against this one in particular.

However, it would be good to know more about the decks. It might just be that this Urza deck is more powerful than your deck, for example, or it might be a particularly bad match-up. Urza is a very powerful commander, but that doesn't mean this deck is; it's really hard to know without more information. Also you mention stealing specifically which doesn't in and of itself have anything to do with Urza so, again, knowing what sort of effects we're talking about and how many would be really useful. Is this "steal tribal" which just has Urza as the commander for value, or is it a powerful Urza deck that's just running one or two steal effects, maybe ramping into a big Mass Manipulation, whatever?

MattPCA

• Decks

Adamnasa

• Decks
You could try just not playing in games with that player. I've encountered some pretty bad players in the past (by which I mean not respecting other players enjoyment, only playing CEDH decks, lying about power level, etc.) and they tend to be a self-solving problem once a playgroup stops being meek about it. It doesn't matter how unbeatable a deck is, they don't win if they don't get to actually play games.

Of course, many players don't have a wealth of options when it comes to playgroup, so you could try ownership effects like Brand, broad artifact removal like Consulate Crackdown, or more aggro strategies like Haste or Flash to hit before he has an opportunity to disrupt you.

It's all in good fun, do I dislike having all my stuff stolen? Yes. Does it make me hate the player and best friend of 30 years? Absolutely not. The guy is my best friend and part of my regular play group. I am sure I've played stuff he hasn't enjoyed in the past. My White and Black life ping deck comes to mind. :P

Adamnasa

• Decks
Artifact removal, commander protection and (to a lesser extent) Homeward Path effects are all things that are usually pretty good to have in your deck anyway and ought to help against this one in particular.

However, it would be good to know more about the decks. It might just be that this Urza deck is more powerful than your deck, for example, or it might be a particularly bad match-up. Urza is a very powerful commander, but that doesn't mean this deck is; it's really hard to know without more information. Also you mention stealing specifically which doesn't in and of itself have anything to do with Urza so, again, knowing what sort of effects we're talking about and how many would be really useful. Is this "steal tribal" which just has Urza as the commander for value, or is it a powerful Urza deck that's just running one or two steal effects, maybe ramping into a big Mass Manipulation, whatever?

It's an Urza deck that revolves around stealing opponents stuff and Urza is just there for value. Urza's Drake is one of his theft spells, he uses another blue creature that steals your creatures. Kept taking my dang commander. I am going to link my deck I made below, there aren't a ton of expensive mana rocks in it. While our decks can become quite competitive, precon decks regularly hold up against my groups style of play.

Adamnasa

• Decks
Alright boys and girls, here is the deck I created. It has 8 cards too many, so I need to slim it down. Suggestions welcome. If you have any diamond in the rough cards that aren't very well known and you think it would be great in this deck please feel free to mention it. Thanks yall!

https://deckstats.net/decks/125436/2466657-hexproof-shroud-protection

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
Alright boys and girls, here is the deck I created. It has 8 cards too many, so I need to slim it down. Suggestions welcome. If you have any diamond in the rough cards that aren't very well known and you think it would be great in this deck please feel free to mention it. Thanks yall!
You might want to post this as a separate post to the "Commander Deck Reviews" subforum.
Come brew some jank with us!
https://www.reddit.com/r/jankEDH/

Adamnasa

• Decks
10-4 will do, thanks for the recommendation.