deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Autor Tópico: My First Lizard Deck - Comments  (Lida 375 vezes)

Comment Bot

• Visitante
My First Lizard Deck - Comments
« em: Abril 07, 2022, 08:33:14 am »

Lizardman Dan

• Be a friend to humanity.
  • Decks
Re: My First Lizard Deck - Comments
« Responder #1 em: Abril 07, 2022, 08:33:14 am »
Current prevailing issues:

Too many creatures requiring swamps leads to occasional aggro stall.  Sadly, Deathgazer, Graveshifter, Sprouting Thrinax and Skeletal Changeling all are getting shafted. Lack of black has prevented one cast of Merciless Eviction where desired in 1 out of 22 games played so far.

Too few blue sources leading to throttling of Archetype of Imagination and to somewhat lesser extent, Frilled Mystic.

Disliking Sprouting Thrinax in general.

Garruk's Uprising is mostly working as slightly more expensive (mana-wise, actual card much cheaper) Primal Rage.

Low draw power.  Realmwalker has been my best friend.  Often, by the time Morophon is down, I lack creatures to even play.  Considering even swapping Reliquary Tower and/or Thought Vessel out for the fact that I've never used them for retaining my full hand.
Earnestly optimistic.

Lizardman Dan

• Decks
« Responder #2 em: Abril 07, 2022, 08:47:25 am »
Card costs are generally so low and lands so frequent in this deck that Mosswort Bridge very seldom yanks out something worth cannoning and about 40% of the time laughably spoils my draws. 

Nyx Lotus has proven either tough to play in time, so shortlived it doesn't do much, or color devotion leads to it not producing as much mana as might've been expected.
Earnestly optimistic.

Lizardman Dan

• Decks
« Responder #3 em: Abril 07, 2022, 09:13:51 am »
Currently loving the flier hate Whiptongue Hydra provides, although so far it has worked only seldom.  Gravity Well might provide some anti-air.

Obelisk of Ord, while appropriate, has seldom gotten out in any games other than 1v1. 

Strixhaven Stadium has been medium effective.  So far, three players have been knocked out of games due to it (out of 22 games, most of which multiplayer), and out of those, two were knocked out in the same swing.  Sadly, players oft trample or outmatch my little lizards, and my upticks on it are met with just as many downticks by the time either beefier guys can step up or the smaller guys become beefy to do the trampling.
Earnestly optimistic.

Lizardman Dan

• Decks
« Responder #4 em: Abril 07, 2022, 09:30:42 am »
Aetherwind Basker might have to go.  Successfully summoning it has broken down into chancing it twice with Mosswort Bridge (great, but I know that luck ain't gonna last) and regularly casting it once or perhaps twice after being tempted with discovery twice and taking both tempts in that game.
Earnestly optimistic.

Lizardman Dan

• Decks
« Responder #5 em: Abril 07, 2022, 09:57:09 am »
Kindred Summons doesn't often fire off.  High mana cost, and I usually have fewer lizards than I'd like to have by the time I can muster the mana to cast.  It'd be a nice way to get out Aetherwind Basker, Whiptongue Hydra, or Deathgazer, but I doubt somewhat its utility.
Earnestly optimistic.

Lizardman Dan

• Decks
« Responder #6 em: Abril 13, 2022, 10:43:02 pm »
Thinking of shifting out of black and going straight into Red-Green-Blue.  Would adjust lands accordingly.  Might want to move out of these slower lands.  Also try to include mana rocks that play with blue.  Morophon seems to come out about a turn or two too late to take advantage of mana cost reduction.  With Fist of Suns in the deck, getting the lands to bring Morophon out would be possibly even more important.
Earnestly optimistic.

Lizardman Dan

• Decks
Earnestly optimistic.