deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: I Need Your Help!  (Read 921 times)

Saltmaster Piggins

• Epic gamer and brewer of fine decks.
    • My youtube channel with deck techs, fortnite funny moments and more!
  • Decks
I Need Your Help!
« on: May 20, 2022, 04:58:58 pm »
I Need Help Cutting My Varina, Lich Queen Deck To 100 Cards.
The Idea Of The Deck Is To Create A Lot Of Zombies, Make Them Very Large And Attack With Them For Value.
I Am Considering Cutting Almost All Of The Sacrifice Pieces Because That Is Not What The Deck Is About.
Bazinga!

The Golgari Guy

• Deck optimization never ends
  • Decks
Re: I Need Your Help!
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2022, 12:51:24 am »
I know one player on this website that is a Varina expert... hopefully they'll see this post and lend you a hand  ;)

For now, posting a decklist would be a good start  ;D
Golgari is life. And death.

Saltmaster Piggins

• Epic gamer and brewer of fine decks.
    • My youtube channel with deck techs, fortnite funny moments and more!
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2022, 01:13:09 am »
Bazinga!

Landale

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2022, 02:17:24 am »
That is quite excessive, not going to lie. Counting in your maybeboard and sideboard, which by the way isn't a thing in commander outside of Companions, you're asking for help on figuring out how to cut out 355 cards.

You're going to want to work on your sorting a bit. While you do have a ramp section, you don't have one for draw or interaction. Indeed most of your sections are quite broad, X Synergy, and in some cases redundant, Zombie Lords and Anthems.
Generally a deck will be set up like so;
~40 Lands
~10 Ramp
~10 Draw (Draw, tutor, etc.)
~10 Interaction (Counter, protection, removal)
~30 Deck goal cards (In this particular case; Anthems, token generation, combat tricks)
Numbers can obvious vary a little bit, and in the case of mana should depending on your average costs.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2022, 03:10:00 am »
Deckstats made this thread a while back. The information here is still mostly good.

https://deckstats.net/forum/index.php/topic,42562.0.html

That a huge amount of cards though. Get it as close to 100 as you can on your own, then others can try to help you.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2022, 05:07:46 pm »
Get the deck slimmed down some and I'd be glad to help you with the deck. One thing I would suggest with a quick glance, is you need to up your zombie count. I only saw about 12 zombies from a quick glance. That's not near enough for a Varina deck. It's just not enough to consistently trigger her ability enough to matter.
This space for rent.

anjinsan

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2022, 12:11:26 am »
I Agree, At This Point You'd Be Better Off Starting From Scratch And Putting Things In, Rather Than Taking Them Out!

I Think You Need To Try And Focus On a Theme - Probably Zombies. A Deck Can Support Two or Three Synergies, Maybe, But It's Almost Always Cleaner With Fewer, And This Like A Million. For Example, Why Aetherflux Reservoir? You Get Some Lifegain From Varina, But Is This A Lifegain Deck? I Don't Think So. Do You Cast Enough Spells For Reservoir By Itself? Nope. Cut It, And All The Lifegain Stuff. Why Curse Of Misfortunes, When You Only Have Three Other Curses? And They're Not Even That Great. Why Hearthstone And Training Grounds? Varina's Ability Doesn't Really Need To Be Cheaper. Etc.

It Also Looks Like You Just Picked Everything That Buffs A Creature Type Or Has The Word "Zombie" In It. All Of Those Cards Could Work, But You Don't Have Space For All Of Them. Something Like Grave Betrayal Doesn't Actually Synergise That Well, And It's Expensive. You Can Keep It In, But Probably Only One Or Two Cards Like That. Your Average CMC Is Quite High Already.

Think About Which Are Actually The Best. Dying to Serve, For Example, Fits With The Discard... But It Basically Boils Down To One Zombie Token Per Turn. Are There Better Options? Probably.