deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Autor Tópico: You're a frog! You're a frog! You're an elk! Everyone is an ape!  (Lida 638 vezes)

FrozenCakeMix

• Decks
You're a frog! You're a frog! You're an elk! Everyone is an ape!
« em: Setembro 25, 2022, 08:33:54 pm »
You're a frog! You're a frog! You're an elk! Everyone is an ape!

I can someone help me make this a uhh... "more functional" deck? I've played it a few times with friends but my main issue is that... if there are no good targets to clone the clones become derpy. Like I constantly end up with the choice of "Which legendary elk, frog, beast, or ape do I want a copy of?" I would like to keep the theme of the deck though, I know it makes things super hard xd

FinnernMagic

• Decks
Re: You're a frog! You're a frog! You're an elk! Everyone is an ape!
« Responder #1 em: Setembro 26, 2022, 06:31:44 pm »
Just did a quick look and the first thing that hits me is you almost have no cards that draws you additional cards.
Your deck consept is cool, but playing that many spells that are 1 for 1 when you have 3 opponents will make you fall behind unless you have lots of mana and very high amount of draw. So if you would like to make the deck more functional my best tips would be cut your worst 1 for 1 cards or change until end of turn cards for more draw as more draw will mean you see more of your cards and you can keep up with other players.
For draw i would pick kard that at least draws 2 or more cards. You can decide for yourself if you want to use expensive staple type cards like Rhystic Study, Black Market Connections and other cards or less expensive, but not as efficient other draw spells.

The best way to secure a good target to clone that you can control is playing the target you want to clone yourself, but I guess that is not in the team you want som maybe bribery and effects like it might fit better. You could also include a more mean card like agent of treachery to take there good stuff or clone but its up to you. I'm also an fan of effects like Oath of Druids that can cheat in creatures for everybody, but i think that it's not a good fit for this deck because you might mill away most of your deck if you are unlucky.

Also I think you are running a low amount of lands and would recommend you to go up to 36-37 lands

Hope some of my short feedback helps. I don't know your meta or your playstyle and I like to play more proactive decks compared to this deck that I think is more of a reactive deck.

TLDR: I think you are running to many "removal" spells and need more Draw spells.
Am I even playing EDH if there is no dragons in the deck?

FrozenCakeMix

• Decks
« Responder #2 em: Setembro 28, 2022, 12:43:41 am »
Ah okay, so I'll probably end up taking out both the Mirror Gallery and Mirror Box and replacing one with Sakashima the Imposter. And the Vesuvian Duplimancy for Black Market Connections. Yeah I'll take out some of the removal even though it's super fun to annoy everyone with it D:

I haven't had any issues with mana yet since the majority of my cmc is lowish but I'll definitely take it into consideration when I start making the changes.

Definitely good feedback!! I'll see what I can flip flop around and I'll post an update when I do!! Thank you :D

AlltheTokens

• Decks
« Responder #3 em: Setembro 28, 2022, 06:43:13 pm »
I see a lot of black mana and only your commander to cast with it.  I don't know what your budget is, but black tutors are very strong.