deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Krav+Regna  (Read 555 times)

PM2K01

• Decks
Krav+Regna
« on: November 09, 2022, 06:57:51 pm »

Fuzzy2Wasy

• Decks
Re: Krav+Regna
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2022, 08:31:27 pm »
Need to go into your Properties for the deck and choose "Multiple Commanders" or "Partner Commanders" :)

PM2K01

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2022, 08:56:18 pm »
Thank you. I couldnt figure it out lol

Landale

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2022, 09:37:44 am »
Absolute Grace is an absolute detriment to your deck. All creatures, not just your own, get protection from black. Considering the vast majority of your creatures are black other people can easily swing in at you, as well as safely chump block without ever losing a thing.

You're low on lands, and have no ramp at all. Get yourself a Sol Ring, Arcane Signet, Vesper Ghoul. Cards like that.

PM2K01

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2022, 02:48:07 pm »
This is the very first deck I've built, so I wont argue that its a bit crap. I don't have that many decks, but i am looking to rework them all. Now that i have a better understanding of what ramp even means, i am looking to get some of them in the deck. Do you have any other suggestions?

Landale

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2022, 06:51:38 pm »
This is the very first deck I've built, so I wont argue that its a bit crap. I don't have that many decks, but i am looking to rework them all. Now that i have a better understanding of what ramp even means, i am looking to get some of them in the deck. Do you have any other suggestions?
When building your decks here it's generally a good idea to make custom sub sections and sort cards by their roles. This helps to give people an idea of what you're going for right away. Ramp (putting extra lands out immediately, things that tap for mana, things that reduce mana costs), Draw (draw, putting lands into your hand, tutor, impulse "draw"), Interaction (removal, counterspells, protection methods), Recursion (getting stuff back once or more), that sort of stuff.
Generally speaking you want 35-38 lands, 10 ramp, 10 draw, 10 interaction, then dedicate the rest of your deck to a specific goal. The exact number will vary a bit, or a lot, depending on the commander. For example, showing both a flex from this and sorting, is Katilda.
https://deckstats.net/decks/168446/2282664-katilda-dawnhart-prime
It has been some time since I updated this deck here, but it serves its purpose for this. As you can see she runs 30 lands and no ramp. Except, actually almost every creature is ramp as long as she's around so it's generally fine. On the other hand I have a massive 19 interaction methods between protection cards and removal cards. The whole goal of the deck is to just swiftly overrun people, so it's packed with things to buff my swarms.

Now, on to your deck. Your draw is quite low, only 7 cards that help you do so. One of them is your commander, which would normally be fine, except Krav is quite expensive. This means it will be some time before he can help out, and if he gets removed it'll be even worse. Bushmeat Poacher, Skullport Merchant, Dockside Chef, Spark Reaper, Commander's Sphere, Dark Prophecy. This is what you should look for.

Interaction is mostly going to be kill spells and exile in these colors. Black has them all over the place, white the main ones are Swords to Plowshares, Path to Exile, and Generous Gift.

For your goal, strip out everything that doesn't draw/ramp/interact or do one of the following: Produce creature tokens, sacrifice creatures, or have a death trigger. You want stuff like Zulaport Cutthroat, Blood Artist, some of those draw guys I've mentioned already. Your commander choice is a clear aristocrats build, so they want you sacrificing for benefit and having a steady stream of things to do so rather than fight directly.