deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: MtG Never Have I Ever  (Read 5413 times)

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
Re: MtG Never Have I Ever
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2022, 04:20:43 am »
Never have I ever made a strict budget deck.

I've tried making budget decks, but I always end up going over whatever limit I set.

I made a budget deck once. Corona hit card prices and now it's triple its original price.
Come brew some jank with us!
https://www.reddit.com/r/jankEDH/

mynameiscalled

• I'm your one-man cult
    • MiseryBusinessMTG
  • Decks
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2022, 08:59:40 am »
I think it's a sub-game for me - I want to see the lowest possible number I can achieve while making a budget deck, and at the same time to drag it out, I make sub budget change options as well. I have like 10's of decklists for people wanting to start in EDH and most of them I can just gift out as a "Welcome to commander" decks cause they are 15-20€ tops. If they like it they can make my suggested upgrades to rise the power of the deck. I started doing this because in my town, there is no LGS, nearest one is one hour drive away - we do visit it during pre-releases and some other game nights, but I've kinda made a MTG hometown hub at my place and we try to get together to play each Sunday. So, if somebody brings a new friend etc, they can easily get into commander right away without having to order and wait on things. Same goes for drafts etc - I have this "MTG mini shop shelf" that has a shop-like display of boosters, sleeves, deckboxes etc and people can just buy them from me and I will use the money I get to restock the MTG shelf.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2022, 10:06:27 am by mynameiscalled »

Schau

• Decks
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2022, 02:11:33 pm »
Never have I ever resolved a cyclonic rift

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2022, 03:28:11 pm »
Never have I ever resolved a cyclonic rift

Does this mean that you've tried casting it and it's always been countered? Or that you haven't used Cyclonic Rift in any of your decks?

Never have I ever been to a Grand Prix.

CleanBelwas

• Decks
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2022, 04:44:46 pm »
This thread has been consuming my spare thoughts a lot over the last few days.

I've been trying to think of something I have never done that the most amount of other players will have done, but I doubt there is anything more likely than "play Selesnya".

Turns out there's a lot of stuff I haven't done. Never been to a GP, never came last at FNM, never seen someone get kicked out of an event, never built a deck to a specific budget.

So now, it's time to find out what kind of degenerates frequent this site.

Never have I ever...not paid the one.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2022, 04:47:15 pm by CleanBelwas »

Slyvester12

• Decks
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2022, 07:05:46 pm »
Never have I ever lost to infect and complained that it's a busted unfun mechanic.
Elves and infect are the best things in Magic.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2022, 10:27:53 pm »
This thread has been consuming my spare thoughts a lot over the last few days.

I've been trying to think of something I have never done that the most amount of other players will have done, but I doubt there is anything more likely than "play Selesnya".

Sometimes saying really bizarre or off-the-wall things will work. Even if it's something that makes you think "no one has done that", someone might have.

For example:

Never have I ever flipped a table, thrown cards, or otherwise physically vented frustration at a game.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2022, 03:52:40 pm »
Never have I ever won a game with Thassa's Oracle. I haven't found a deck to use it in yet.

CleanBelwas

• Decks
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2022, 03:59:04 pm »
Never have I ever won a game with Thassa's Oracle. I haven't found a deck to use it in yet.

Are we specifically talking about the ability, or does a good old fashioned fish beatdown count? I've closed out a game with a Thoracle carrying a couple of swords before.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2022, 04:38:29 pm »

Are we specifically talking about the ability, or does a good old fashioned fish beatdown count? I've closed out a game with a Thoracle carrying a couple of swords before.

I meant with the ability. That's certainly a neat way to win with it. Which I also haven't done.

Here's a fun one. Never have I ever seen someone get kicked out of a game store or event.

Three people have upvoted this post, which means three people have witnessed someone get kicked out of a store. Dish girl. Tell me your juicy stories.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2022, 03:46:00 am »
Never have I ever said I would make a Sidisi, Brood Tyrant primer and then just didn't.

mynameiscalled

• I'm your one-man cult
    • MiseryBusinessMTG
  • Decks
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2022, 07:56:47 am »
Never have I ever used proxyes.

CleanBelwas

• Decks
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2022, 12:30:47 pm »
Never have I ever said I would make a Sidisi, Brood Tyrant primer and then just didn't.

I'm conflicted. I want to upvote for the good joke and the sick burn, but I'm not the one who said I was going to do the primer.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2022, 10:39:15 pm »
Never have I ever played Urabrask the Hidden. I've done every original praetor except that one.

And while I have everyone's attention FIVE people have seen someone get kicked out of a store or event. I gotta hear about this. These are the best stories.

Landale

• Decks
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2022, 03:18:23 am »
And while I have everyone's attention FIVE people have seen someone get kicked out of a store or event. I gotta hear about this. These are the best stories.
It wasn't something that happened while I was around, I missed the week it happened, but I heard about it at my local store and you seem to really want one of these kinds of stories.
Apparently some drunk dude got really pissed off about something and pulled a knife on someone else at the table. Got slammed into the wall for it before getting physically thrown out of the store, there was a pretty noticeable dent in the wall the following week so I'm pretty sure they're not pulling my leg. Drinking was already not allowed in the store, but after that coming in drunk was not permitted either.