deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Search for comments in collection  (Read 470 times)

cbs38139

• Patron
  • Decks
Search for comments in collection
« on: December 31, 2022, 01:13:22 pm »
Hi!

I use the card comments like tags. Would it be possible to search for comments in my collection (also in edit mode)?

cbs38139

• Patron
  • Decks
Re: Search for comments in collection
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2023, 11:10:42 am »
Hi,

To add more detail:

I can add a comment in the deck builder, but when I export my collection to csv, these comments do not show.

I use the comment function in the Deckbuilder for two options:
- Add a comment like "German" if I realized that I have to change the language in my collection later.
- Add a comment like "Cube XYZ". When I export my collection, I would be able to see which deck the cards is currently used in.

Are there two types of comments?

Thanks,
Cedric

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2023, 11:19:38 am »
I did have a look at adding support for searching across comments in collections at some point but it unfortunately turned out to be very slow. I will have another look to see if there is something else I can do though.

Regarding your second post, can you please explain what you mean by adding a comment in the deckbuilder and then exporting the collection? Do you first build a deck, add that to your collection and then export the collection? Or do you add cards straight to your collection from the "Manage" screen?

cbs38139

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2023, 05:33:59 pm »
I first build a deck in deck builder, buy the missing cards not in my collection, then add missing cards to collection.

But if I add a card and it is a card in German, I add the comment "German". But that comment does not show when I look at my collection.

cbs38139

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2023, 05:03:05 pm »
So in other words: If I add a comment in the Deckbuilder, it does not show up in the Collection.