deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Alandra, Sky Dreamer  (Read 825 times)

Landale

• Decks
Alandra, Sky Dreamer
« on: April 03, 2023, 01:08:59 am »
Alandra, Sky Dreamer

I've been working on this deck a lot lately, though I had to remake the decklist to get it to post into the right section, it's honestly been kind of fun to play because people aren't generally expecting the blue deck to smash their face with giant fliers.
The game plan is simple, draw 2 every possible turn to flood the board, then do some heavy drawing to swing a swarm of ~20/20 Drakes at everyone. I recently put in Jace, Wielder of Mysteries and Laboratory Maniac as backup plans as well because there have been a couple times where I couldn't afford to do a massive draw due to not having the cards left because they're almost all already in hand.
Pending any better reveals, I'm already planning to swap Wavebreak Hippocamp and Peregrine Drake out for Faerie Mastermind and Invasion of Segovia // Caetus, Sea Tyrant of Segovia when they become available. I'm just not sure what other sorts of changes I could make to the deck at this point, so I'd welcome some advice.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2023, 01:29:36 am by Landale »

Landale

• Decks
Re: Alandra, Sky Dreamer
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2023, 08:55:19 pm »

Revision 7

Added/removed cards:
-1 Commander's Sphere
-1 Facet Reader
-1 Mind Stone
+1 Baral, Chief of Compliance
+1 Stonybrook Banneret
+1 Thought Courier

Adding in Baral and the Banneret for discount based ramp instead of mana based to help better offset Academy Loremaster while still providing some draw and synergy with Azami, Lady of Scrolls and Svyelun of Sea and Sky.
Facet Reader out for Thought Courier for slightly cheaper draw.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2023, 08:56:57 pm by Landale »

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2023, 03:36:10 am »
I'm just not sure what other sorts of changes I could make to the deck at this point, so I'd welcome some advice.

During games, is there any aspect in particular you're having trouble with? It sounds like card draw isn't an issue.

Landale

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2023, 04:07:33 am »
I'm just not sure what other sorts of changes I could make to the deck at this point, so I'd welcome some advice.

During games, is there any aspect in particular you're having trouble with? It sounds like card draw isn't an issue.
Enchantments mostly, if I happen to end up tapped out and/or just don't have a counterspell of some sort on hand because I've had to burn through them since this deck turns into the archenemy really fast. Out of Time and Curse of Conformity in general have been fairly annoying. They got me to work in Geistwave and Drake Familiar, though the latter doesn't help against the curse. The complete nonexistence of legendary drakes, barring changelings, makes the curse exceptionally annoying. 
The tapped out part is why I'm putting in Invasion of Segovia // Caetus, Sea Tyrant of Segovia. Didn't luck into one during prerelease, so I'm just waiting on the preorder copy to get here.

Incidentally, that "turns into the archenemy really fast" thing is also why I don't have a Narset, Parter of Veils in the deck to go with Teferi's Puzzle Box despite the fact that I have a few of her and "I'm the only one playing today" solves the problem of people doing things to me pretty well. I don't need to start the game with everyone aiming for me.

Revision 10

Added/removed cards:
-1 Launch Mishap
-1 Psychosis Crawler
-1 Seat of the Synod
-1 Soothsayer Adept
-1 Wavebreak Hippocamp
+1 Archivist
+1 Disruptive Student
+1 Memorial to Genius
+1 Patron Wizard
+1 Vedalken Aethermage

Working more toward fixing those issues, I've thought of these adjustments. Archivist, while more expensive to cast than the Soothsayer Adept, will help avoid tapping out on successive turns. Patron Wizard and Disruptive Student give me more options for interaction. Vedalken Aethermage lets me search them out, or perhaps Baral or the Banneret for cheaper spells.
Memorial to Genius just because I just realized I still had the Seat of the Synod in here from when there were a couple things that cared about artifacts, and even if expensive it's still more draw on a land.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2023, 11:17:28 am by Landale »

Landale

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2023, 12:12:21 am »

Revision 12

Added/removed cards:
-1 Walking Atlas
+1 Psychosis Crawler

Mana hasn't been too much of an issue, so trying a slight ramp trim for another potential wincon.

Landale

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2023, 11:32:50 am »

Revision 15

Added/removed cards:
+1 Scavenger Grounds

Changed amounts:
-1 Island

Basically just a change for meta. Have a Slimefoot and Squee combo deck to deal with regularly now, so screw those graveyards.

Landale

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2023, 09:18:44 pm »

Revision 18

Added/removed cards:
-1 Favorable Winds
-1 Game Plan
-1 Jushi Apprentice // Tomoya the Revealer
-1 Monastery Siege
-1 Unctus, Grand Metatect
+1 Archmage Emeritus
+1 Distant Melody
+1 Malevolent Hermit // Benevolent Geist
+1 Riptide Director
+1 Sigil Tracer

Leaning a bit more into Wizard tribal to help Azami, Lady of Scrolls and the Patron Wizard do their thing. Gives Distant Melody and Kindred Discovery a second tribe to pick if, for any reason, I can't maintain a good supply of drake tokens too.

AlltheTokens

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2023, 05:24:27 pm »
Speaking of wizard tribal.  There is something satisfying about tapping Glen Elendra Archmage to draw a card, countering a spell with her ability, then tapping her again after she persists.  ;D

Landale

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2023, 09:30:48 am »

Revision 20

Added/removed cards:
-1 Caged Sun
-1 Decanter of Endless Water
-1 Faerie Mastermind
-1 Sea Gate Restoration // Sea Gate, Reborn
-1 Spiketail Drakeling
+1 Apprentice Wizard
+1 Combat Research
+1 Glen Elendra Archmage
+1 Kozilek, Butcher of Truth
+1 Rayne, Academy Chancellor
+1 Reliquary Tower

Changed amounts:
-1 Island

Rayne, Academy Chancellor's in to help deter targeted removal, as well as edict effects, while Combat Research offers some flexibility as protection or draw while doubling her efficiency if I get both out.

I do kind of want to work in Sage of Fables for another draw option, plus it pairs nicely with the Glen Elendra Archmage, I'm just not sure what I'd take out for it. Leaning toward Whirlpool Drake or Windstorm Drake, though I'd be open to other suggestions. I know Energy Flux seems like an odd inclusion that'd likely get suggested, but it's in as a check against a Sai, Master Thopterist deck as well as a Halsin, Emerald Archdruid deck

Landale

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2023, 01:26:59 am »

Revision 21

Added/removed cards:
-1 Distant Melody
-1 Windstorm Drake
+1 Sage of Fables
+1 Windfall

Trying out the Windstorm Drake for Sage of Fables swap first.

I still haven't gotten a chance to put Scavenger Grounds to use, but I did get to use Demolition Field to stop an Ashaya, Soul of the Wild player from comboing off, which was fun.

Landale

• Decks
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2024, 10:42:13 pm »