deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Auteur Sujet: Tier list: protection  (Lu 388 fois)

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
Tier list: protection
« le: Juin 07, 2023, 12:06:58 am »
Commander is an interactive format. People are going to want to disrupt your gameplan. You on the other hand, want to protect your gameplan. Typically you want to protect three things: your combo, your commander, and your boardstate. The order of importance of those three things will depend on the deck you're using. Regardless, here's why I think the ranking for the best protection is.

A Tier
"Free" protection

Flawless Maneuver, Deflecting Swat

B Tier
Mass protection
OR
Interaction prevention

Grand Abolisher, Teferi's Protection, Silence, Allosaurus Shepherd, Heroic Intervention, Boros Charm, Vexing Shusher

C Tier
Single-target protection

Bolt Bend, Sheltering Light, Kaya's Ghostform, Feign Death, Goblin Chirurgeon, Tamiyo's Safekeeping, Tyvar's Stand, Lightning Greaves

D Tier
Permanent-based, more costly

Guardian Augmenter, Commander's Plate, "Swords of _ and _" cycle.

E Tier
Meta specific

Tajuru Preserver, Sigarda, Host of Herons, Maze of Ith

Other protection and its placement

Mother of Runes: B
Lazotep Plating: B
Sylvan Safekeeper: B
Veil of Summer: B
Archetype of Endurance: E
Asceticism: E
Privileged Position: E

Next tier list: Card draw. This is gonna be another rough one.

fire5167

• Decks
Re: Tier list: protection
« Réponse #1 le: Juin 08, 2023, 11:20:29 pm »
I would like to argue that bolt bend be moved to B tier. I don’t have much experience with it, but I do have experience with Ricochet Trap which is similar power level.

It is both protection and removal. Also it can function as an off-color counterspell in a counterspell war. I would say that any creature deck running red but not blue would play this card.