deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Falco (The Streets Restricted) - Comments  (Read 580 times)

Comment Bot

Capt Forest

• Patron
  • #0 Ranked in Showcase league
    • Facebook
  • Decks
Re: Falco (The Streets Restricted) - Comments
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2023, 07:30:14 am »
12/3/22: Swiss 2rd place (2-1) - Piolet: Beau
R1 - Vs. Capenna Mono Green 2 - 0
R2 - Vs. D&D Goblins 1 - 2
R3 - Vs. Capenna  Cabaretti 2 - 0

Notes from event: Deck was piloted by Beau, R1 vs Mono Green piloted by  Mitch was the "spiritual" match that should have taken place in the finals of the third Capenna Set restricted event for first place when Bam Forfeit for times sake. Brokers was able to win 2 - 0. R2 Brokers takes its first and only loss in 4 events, D&D Goblins piloted by me  won 2 - 1. I am the only player to beat the previously undefeated deck i built. 
If you see this and live in the CFL area reach out.

Capt Forest

• Patron
    • Facebook
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2024, 03:59:51 pm »
12/29/23 Set Restricted
RM - Vs. Mitch Ur Dominaria 2 - 0

Notes from match, prior to the event Mitch asked for help finding lands for the Samuri build, i found him the cards. Mitch then switched decks to the DMU deck. I asked Mitch please look through the deck to make sure its set restricted. He said it is and did not double check. Mitch then drew a hand with a cards from Capenna he discarded that card then drew another saying it was a mistake the card was in the deck. Mitch then handed his deck over to me to check and see if there were anymore "mistakes" The deck also had 4 ZNR pathways in it for a total of 5 illegal cards. I advised Mitch he could go to losers playing the DMU deck with basic lands in the place of all the illegal cards or he could go back to his Samauri deck and play the event. Mitch opt to play samuri. Mitch lost r1 and had to play me. Mitch then attempted to switch back to the DMU deck without making the changes. I advised Mitch if he drew a hand with that deck he would be disqualified from the event. Mitch drew his cards and was DQed. I then switched Decks to my Falco deck and proceeded to win 2-0 vs his DMU deck beating him down with Titan of Industry both games. This was the third set between the two build with Falco winning the series 2-1

Capt Forest

• Patron
    • Facebook
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2024, 10:32:01 pm »
3/8/24 Round Robin Set Restricted Two Headed Giant Championship (3-0) w/DeckSmith (WOE BW enchantments)
R1 - Vs. KP & Faded (NEO UW & WOE GR) W
R2 - Vs. Beau & Slump (LCI pirates & ONE Phyrexian BG) W
R3 - Vs. Ty & wood dawg (WOE BG & SNC Riveteers) W

Notes from event, teamed with my brother, did not have as much prep time for this event as i would have liked. Did some prep for the team the night before picking out the enchanted tales i wanted in my brothers deck. Then drove around the county finding them. I was not happy with this pair at first but after a day of sitting on it realized this would likely be a championship pairing. My brother and i consulted for 10 mins prior to the event swapping out a total of 5 cards 3 in my deck and 2 in his. I upped my land count to 25 and main decked Lagrella, the Magpie. Round one was a blow out with my brother legit 2 v 1ing the other team. r2 was challenging as the other team played legit bomb after bomb that my brother and i some how had an answer for every time. r3 was much much harder than it needed to be. My team was slowing pulling head, i had ledger shredder on the board and wood dawg casts his second spell, I also have mana up and offer you cant refuse in my hand. I resolve my ledger shredder first then go to counter the fight rigging wood dawg played but he had already resolved it with out giving me the opportunity to respond and when i called him on it i was not allowed to counter the spell. This caused My Brother and i to be put in a large hole. Fight rigging hit on shake down put ziatora into play and bullied us for turns as we looked to answer the threat. That play resolving caused this game to be a major battle that was won only due to my brother and i being outright superior in terms of skill than the opposing team and navigating that board state as optimal as possible while the other team missed chances to potentially push damage or apply pressure. This was the third time my Brother and I have teamed up and we currently remain undefeated with 3 titles.

Capt Forest

• Patron
    • Facebook
  • Decks
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2024, 09:20:47 pm »
6/28/24 Set Restricted 2nd place (3-1)
R1 - Vs. Ty BG Food WOE 2-0
R2 - Vs.  Mitch WU MOM 2-1
R3 - Vs.  DeckSmith BW WOE 1-2
R4 - Vs.  Plunder BR OTJ 2-0

Notes from the event, this deck is still a powerhouse in the format. After taken over year off proper singles tournament play the deck was still able to hold its own in the current meta. I added a 25th land into the deck to help with consistency it was brokers hideout. R1 with Ty almost went to time was able to use Titan of Industry to break the game open after a well placed Rhino and gained 5 life in anticipation of the end. I had a second titan of Industry under fight rigging to save it from the end. R2 vs Mitch i was able to draw him into mean board wipes and finished him off with Creatures with shield counters like Vince Carter. r3 was my hardest mu. My brothers deck is very aggressive. We split the first two games but in g3 that awkwardness that comes around from time to time in 3 color decks showed up and my brother got out in front of me an did not give up anything until he took the set. Falco was able to hang in there and winning that mu is not out of the question at all. Overall the deck still feels good to play and it was in new sleeves 100% foil and double sleeved in the thick boiis.