deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: O-Kagachi revenge  (Read 508 times)

Bogaragaraga

• Decks
O-Kagachi revenge
« on: June 20, 2023, 06:43:50 am »

https://deckstats.net/decks/23589/3091904-o-kagachi-you-sure-about-that-

I wanted to do a deck that is all about O-Kagachi, Vengeful Kamis ability in a multiplayer game. I want to have the ability to control a bit if someone is trying to shut me out but I'd rather subtly influence the game rather than truly control it. I'd like to play some politics and continue making myself look ever more unattractive to attack. If everyone gangs up on me, redirect and then cripple everyone who attacked with multiple combats, destroying their key permanents then cleaning up. The problem is I'm not certain what sort of balance I should have between control cards, extra combat, extra turns, fog, etc. I need to fix the land base and it needs some more tweaks but looking for more experienced players to give their input on other cards that would work well / what kind of ratios to go for.

I'm not looking to go destroy everyone doing 24 commander damage immediately, which is why I have less  doublestrike and more "copy triggered ability", so I wouldn't mind adding a handful more copy abilities and a few more alternate targets to copy besides O-Kagachi just in case.

I know I could go for cards like propaganda to avoid being attacked but I'd rather just threaten more directly with cards like Martyrs Bond and Karmic Justice, if there are more cards similar to that.

I also like the idea of the ability to interfere with others while remaining relatively passive, such as using Teferi, Master of Times -3 to save an opponent's creature from a kill spell, if anyone has any fun suggestions there.

This is turning into a stream of consciousness on this deck but hopefully it gives an idea of how this is looking to be played and some suggestions come to mind.

Trying to keep it relatively budget but I'd spring for a pricier card if it has a unique effect I can't get elsewhere, but for my land base I'm trying to keep it cheap and suffer the ETB tapped effects.

I'm not sure what other options there are for other effects I could look to exploit with this shell (extra turns) besides the Commander effect. I'm not looking to go infinite and end the game immediately though.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2023, 08:02:41 am by Bogaragaraga »

Bogaragaraga

• Decks
Re: O-Kagachi revenge
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2023, 05:34:50 am »
Discovered the Monarch mechanic and added that in - should help with the draw it needs and add some flavour.

I think this deck will end up being too clunky - O-Kagachi wants haste or else it's just not threatening if someone removes it and attacks and I don't think I can fit in everything I want (extra turns/combat, O-Kagachi effect doublers, group hug and other fun stuff, rattlesnake) and everything I need (lots of mana, protection, haste, draw, etc).

Any suggestions?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2023, 05:36:22 am by Bogaragaraga »

EMaxxi

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2023, 07:07:10 pm »
O-Kagachi + Monarch seems a cool idea.

I would prioritize haste enablers over extra combats/turns and copy ability effects bcs you want your opponents to see O-Kagachi coming. Maybe some flash enablers, too? (Scout's Warning, Savage Summoning).

Initiative is similar to Monarch in concept, but more complicated and a lot of people dislike it.

Bogaragaraga

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2023, 07:31:07 pm »
Thanks for the comment! The main reason I'm leaning into the extra combat/turns is to be able to deal with politics against me, eg "hey, if we all attack him this turn, he can only destroy the permanents of one of us". I really want to lean into O-Kagachi just neutering anyone who chooses to attack me.

The flash enablers are an interesting idea. I like how I can leave O-Kagachi off the field until my turn, without having to use all my mana to summon him and having a haste enabler if he gets removed.

I had a look at initiative and it seems a little weird...could be strong I can't it see it being an especially fun effect unless my deck is built around venturing into the dungeon. Good suggestion though.

I might pull out a few more of the turn/combat doublers and just keep the absolute cream of the crop and swap in more haste/flash enablers. If you have more suggestions for more ways to copy or amplify O-Kagachis effect beyond what I have in the deck already, please let me know. Making O-Kagachi a crippler, but not outright winning with Commander damage is what I'm aiming for.

Bogaragaraga

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2023, 10:59:42 pm »
Pared down to 100 again with the addition of Monarch.