deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: "In Collection" vs Edition Issues  (Read 707 times)

Grimmlock

• Decks
"In Collection" vs Edition Issues
« on: July 09, 2023, 02:27:01 pm »
Since deckbuilder has the convenient feature to track, which cards are already part of a deck, I started inputting my commander precons (in private mode), so I activated "in collection", set the filter to Brother`s War Commander and started doing the Urza deck.

However, after adding Swiftfoot Boots, it suddenly said -1/1 card left, so I started checking that I indeed had multiple version from Standard Brothers War, too, and that indeed, the one card I already added to another commander deck was set to a standard Brothers War card.
After pondering a bit I realized, that deckstats counts
the total number of cards I used in all active decks (2) regardless of filter settings against
the total number of available cards due to filter setting (1)
Maybe you could activate the filter for the first number, too?

2nd: I later checked, I can see in my normal collection, which card versions I own, but deckbuilder only shows me the number of cards according to the filter. So if I want to sort my physical cards according to set and then want to search for the cards, I used in deckbuilder, I will have trouble finding a free physical card, because I have a hard time determining which set version is "free". (That may be easy for some of the rarer cards, but imagine checking 20+ decks for all in use versions of Path of Ancestry...). It would be great to have an overview, which version of a card is occupied instead of just an overall total.

smiley_mcfrown

• Decks
Re: "In Collection" vs Edition Issues
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2023, 05:09:18 pm »
An up-vote for showing which version of a card is used! I keep my cards in sets because, obviously, there's usually synergy between cards from the same set which is helpful when deck building, and knowing specifically what has been used would be a great help.