deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: I feel like Voltron need another kind of "Masterwork of Ingenuity"  (Read 593 times)

Jesterskull

• Decks
Masterwork of Ingenuity is great and all.

But I feel like in commander we need a version that ignores the legends rule, maybe costing like 3 instead of 1.

What do you think or I am missing a card?

AlltheTokens

• Decks
Re: I feel like Voltron need another kind of "Masterwork of Ingenuity"
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2023, 05:12:38 pm »
Ignoring the legend rule has been creeping cheaper over the years.  Just look at the difference between Mirror Gallery and Mirror Box.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2023, 01:53:53 pm »
Hmm, I could see something at 3 mana that ignores the legend rule .
This space for rent.

stuffnsuch

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2023, 10:04:34 pm »
I have an "ignore the legend rule" tribal deck that is pretty busted.  It's a bit of a glass cannon, at times, though.  Still, I like the idea.  Most legend rule breaks are for creatures (then again, the vast majority of legends are creatures), but there are a few ways to copy legendary artifacts even now, like Mirror Gallery or Mirror Box with any copy spell.  It does beg the question, though, what specific legendary artifact are you trying to copy?  Most that come to mind for me don't really stack anyways, so it doesn't matter.  I feel like the most busted things to copy for voltron aren't even legendary.  Like how just 3 Thran Power Suit gives +9/+9 and ward 6, which seems like a better deal than 3 Shadowspear.  I guess an extra Blackblade Reforged or The Reaver Cleaver is pretty cool.  A copy of Helm of the Host seems pretty cool, but that's just copying one thing to copy something else and takes you further away from the voltron strategy as you go wider.

Anyways, if you are in Boros, run Cadric, Soul Kindler.  It gives a copy of every legendary equipment you play (and more) for just one mana.  I know a lot of equipment decks are in Boros colors, so it should help out.  The token dies at end of turn, but if you can copy the artifact any other way, you can keep them even if they're legendary.