deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Deck Build tipps  (Read 1630 times)

MagicSwordsman

• Decks
Deck Build tipps
« on: August 25, 2023, 02:50:24 pm »
Modern Mill deck Budget
Does somebody have some tips for me? It´s my first time builduing a deck, so I´m not really good in it. Also I can´t cut the deck to 60 cards... I wanted to build a mill deck for modern with some cheap cards

Akira Foxmind

• Patron
  • Always pressing F5 in hope for anything to happen.
  • Decks
Re: Deck Build tipps
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2023, 05:01:22 pm »
If you want to mill your opponent to his loss, there really is no need to be black.
You'll just want to mill him and protect yourself until you win. For that you could even cut creatures that get bigger depending on cards in graveyards.

To keep things short: I changed your list as an example for being mono blue.
If you have any specific questions about the list, feel free to ask.
If you want to be black anyway you should focus on milling your opponent a little bit and then beating him with your big creatures. That would change the list quite a bit, though.

https://deckstats.net/decks/128645/3179689-modern-mill-deck-budget-change?lng=de

'Trigger happy little kitten.
---------
Chaos Control!
---------
Far over the misty mountains cold
To dungeons deep and caverns old
---------
Of course I'm sure I've gone mad. The little man who crawled out of my eye was quite clear on this.

MagicSwordsman

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2023, 05:56:05 pm »
Thanks! That helps me a lot.
I have just 2 questions:
1. Maybe it´s also stupid, but why don´t you use Fraying Sanity?
2. I know this card is very strong, but are there any cheper alternatives for Visions of Beyond? 😅

Akira Foxmind

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2023, 08:19:05 pm »
1. Maybe it´s also stupid, but why don´t you use Fraying Sanity?

... Because I misread the card. I thought it would only trigger in your opponents turn (which would be nonsense, because you have very few ways to mill many cards at instant speed).  ::)
Since Jace is pretty expensive (both money and mana wise), you could drop him for Fraying Sanity.

2. I know this card is very strong, but are there any cheper alternatives for Visions of Beyond? 😅

Afaik there is no card that does the same. You could do something like Frantic Inventory or at least Mental Note.

Oh and you could add some Evolving Wilds as well, because they trigger your crabs twice.
Overall I think you are free to swap some of the mill spells around depending on what you like most.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2023, 09:22:11 pm by Akira Foxmind »
---------
Chaos Control!
---------
---------
Of course I'm sure I've gone mad. The little man who crawled out of my eye was quite clear on this.

MagicSwordsman

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2023, 09:15:29 pm »
Nice, that sounds great. I can't thank you enough!

Baseballknights

• Gain life,swarm life, destroy life
  • Decks
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2023, 11:54:33 pm »
ik this is budget but you need archive trap and mission briefing

MagicSwordsman

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2023, 12:17:51 am »
Alright, thanks for the tips! But what would you cut for it? And another question 😅, do you want to use mission briefing (for the card adv.) and to cast strong spells like Fractured Sanity again?

Baseballknights

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2023, 01:31:01 am »
check this list out its old so it will need a few improvements but essentially mission briefing is 2 mana make your opponent mill an extra 13 off of trap. 26 cards on t2 is pretty insane

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmb2KGk7xCA

Baseballknights

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2023, 01:37:55 am »
i'd cut gargoyle, maddening, and phatasm

MagicSwordsman

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2023, 07:45:49 am »
Alright, thanks.

MagicSwordsman

• Decks
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2023, 08:11:25 am »
But what should I do if I'm playing against aggro zombie or goblin decks for example, or Stompy decks? My only defense would be the crabs and the 2 merfolk (and counterspell). Or will it be enough?

MagicSwordsman

• Decks
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2023, 09:19:22 am »
Btw, should i also add ghost quarter (to trigger the trap, if I don´t get field of ruin)?

Zareck

• Decks
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2023, 01:48:44 pm »
Hola!

Gracias por el deck!

Me gusta mucho Field of Ruin, Hedron Crab, Ruin Crab y Archive Trap! puedes probar con Oboro, Palace in the Clouds.

Fractured Sanity, Thought Scour y Visions of Beyond son muy buenas, puedes probar tambien con Compelling Argument, Mind Sculpt, Maddening Cacophony, Founding the Third Path, Tasha's Hideous Laughter, Talent of the Telepath, Bond of Insight, Ashiok, Dream Render, Jace, the Perfected Mind, etc...

Si te gusta Fraying Sanity, puedes incluir Maddening Cacophony que puede ser victoria. Tambien puedes probar con Drowned Secrets, pero seria para enfocar el deck a encantamientos y landfall para hacer mill al oponente, existe por ahi una criatura que hace mill con encantamientos pero no recuerdo cual era el nombre, lo siento..

Creo que Thing in the Ice // Awoken Horror no tiene sitio en el deck, ademas devolvera a la mano tus cangrejos.  Tambien puedes probar con Thought Collapse, Didn't Say Please y Winds of Rebuke, en lugar del clasico Counterspell.

Un saludo y gracias de nuevo por el deck!

Www.dizemo.com

MagicSwordsman

• Decks
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2023, 12:24:48 am »
Thanks! That are also many good cards. And you're right, I totally forgot that  my crabs die trough thing in the ice. Thanks for the notice! I will definitely change my deck a bit 😅

Akira Foxmind

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2023, 09:03:41 am »
Thing in the ice does not kill. It just returns creatures to their owners hands - which means you can simple recast them for a tiny blue mana.
---------
Chaos Control!
---------
---------