deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Too slow for standard but...  (Read 664 times)

AlltheTokens

• Decks
Too slow for standard but...
« on: November 29, 2023, 04:03:58 pm »
Last night on Arena my opponent pulled off a fun synergy that wasn't fast enough to beat my janky Bloodletter of Aclazotz / Corrupt deck.  They used Yenna, Redtooth Regent to make a copy of Three Blind Mice.  The sagas' second and third abilities were then able to make copies of the saga tokens and each token brought a 1/1 mouse with it.  Then every time one of the sagas hit it's 4th ability all the mice got +1/+1 and vigilance till end of turn.  If I hadn't killed Yenna after they only made one copy it would have ramped up fast enough to utterly destroy me.

Edit: I just realized that Yenna could only make one copy even if I hadn't removed her, because she can only copy something that doesn't share a name with another permanent you control.

This may not work in Standard most of the time, but it might be fun to build a commander deck with this in it.  With Doubling Season it just goes infinite, but other token doubling could make it very strong.  Thoughts?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2023, 04:24:07 pm by AlltheTokens »

EMaxxi

• Decks
Re: Too slow for standard but...
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2023, 06:40:33 pm »
I think Calix, Guided by Fate could be a better option than Yenna (in Standard, even).
Anikthea, Hand of Erebos is probably better overall, but she's more risky bcs you have to exile the Three Blind Mice.

AlltheTokens

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2023, 07:38:35 am »
The deck I faced in standard actually used both Yenna and Calix.  I tend to shy away from anything that requires combat damage to trigger, but Calix is pretty awesome.  If I built around enchantment copies I would include him.

Landale

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2023, 08:46:04 am »
This may not work in Standard most of the time, but it might be fun to build a commander deck with this in it.  With Doubling Season it just goes infinite, but other token doubling could make it very strong.  Thoughts?
How, exactly, does Doubling Season go infinite here?

Scratch that, I put it together. 2AM brain is slow. Half the Three Blind Mice copies pick the Mouse Token, half the TBM copies pick a TBM copy, then stop picking TBM when you're ready to break the loop.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2023, 09:39:38 am by Landale »

LordOfTheDrinks

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2023, 02:24:10 pm »
I really like the concept of copying tokens. I've got a deck of that kind too, but not for Standard - older cards, you know.

https://deckstats.net/decks/129667/1266742-doubling-season-token-of-time