deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: I lost my friends to this deck  (Read 1342 times)

invoke_D3spair

• Decks
I lost my friends to this deck
« on: September 07, 2023, 12:39:24 am »
I lost my friends deck

should I change anything?

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
Re: I lost my friends to this deck
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2023, 02:39:07 am »
The deck is supposed to be 100 cards. Other than that, by "change" do you mean make the deck stronger/more consistent, or make it so you won't lose any more friends?

invoke_D3spair

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2023, 02:56:53 am »
I added one too many lands when I posted it up. (fixed now) I honestly just put this deck together trying to make my friends dread playing against it. so I'm looking for more salt. friends are cheap cards are not

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2023, 05:20:18 am »
Well for one you're going to want more lands and/or ramp. 25 lands with 7 ramp won't be enough. You'll probably want 33 to 37 lands.

Are you going to be buying these cards or proxying them? Your card choices are kinda all over the place with a Mox Diamond and Chains of Mephistopheles at the high end, and yes you're missing other staple cards like chrome mox and mana vault. Do you own these cards already? Is money not an issue?

invoke_D3spair

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2023, 06:17:38 am »
I own all the cards posted in the deck list, mana vault is already in the deck. I was was debating on putting in a mana crypt and/or chrome mox. I run the the fetch lands and crucible of worlds to off set the low land along with the commander ability to "acquire" opponents lands. other cards I'm considering are winter orb torpor orb trinisphere defense grid Bitterblossom lethal vapors to name a few

invoke_D3spair

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2023, 06:23:30 am »
let's be real, the deck is built to break some of the cardinal rules of commander its disruptive, toxic, annoying and very salty

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2023, 06:47:14 pm »
Other cards I'm considering are winter orb torpor orb trinisphere defense grid Bitterblossom lethal vapors to name a few

I wouldn't use any of these in Tergrid. When using stax effects, you want to have a way to work around them so they affect your opponents more than you. You can maybe do Bitterblossom if you need sac fodder, but Tergrid should be providing you with fodder.

Step 1 is absolutely removing nonland cards to add lands. After that you'll want around 10 to 13 pieces of mana ramp. This'll be more difficult to do in mono-black, but still possible. If you have Tergrid out she'll provide your card advantage, but you will still want a little more card draw to help you if she gets removed.

Other than that, you have enough discard and sacrifice effects to play Tergrid no problem. You'll just want to cut the less spectacular effects. If you need help with cutting cards, this thread should help.

https://deckstats.net/forum/index.php/topic,42562.0.html

invoke_D3spair

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2023, 06:32:45 am »
definitely some good feed back ill be adding some more tweaks and will be play test it