deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Hide Your Soul with Dragons  (Read 766 times)

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
Hide Your Soul with Dragons
« on: October 25, 2023, 05:14:35 pm »
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
Re: Hide Your Soul with Dragons
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2023, 07:26:19 pm »
*scratches head* a downvote for making a budget deck? Should it be more budget? Should I add more expensive cards in? Granted the basic land base could be improved upon. Should it be combo eccentric especially with the Worldgorger Dragon combo??

EMaxxi

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2023, 09:29:18 pm »
If you want to always cascade into Phalanx/Weaver, you need to cut the other creatures at 6cmc and below (Kohlagan, Dragonspeaker Shaman, etc).
It's not impossible, but you need a lot of ramp and/or a lot of removal spells to stay alive on turns 1-to-6.
Search scryfall for cards like Fang Dragon or Spitebellows that have high mana cost but can stil be used in the early game.

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2023, 11:19:01 pm »
If you want to always cascade into Phalanx/Weaver, you need to cut the other creatures at 6cmc and below (Kohlagan, Dragonspeaker Shaman, etc).
It's not impossible, but you need a lot of ramp and/or a lot of removal spells to stay alive on turns 1-to-6.
Search scryfall for cards like Fang Dragon or Spitebellows that have high mana cost but can stil be used in the early game.
Cuttting that stuff makes it harder to hit the 21 7 drops to actually hit the 1 of the 2 6 drops.  The 3,4, and 5 drop dragons are part of the tribe. No need to sacrifice any of the early stuff and they are just synergistic playables. With 17 different ways to produce some sort of mana accelerant which is from treasures/lands/and mana reducers. It really isn't to hard to get something out especially any dragon early. With 12 different removal spells which includes a few dragons. Such as per example Deathbringer Regent, Siege Dragon, Spawn of Thraxes and Thunder Dragon. Recurring spot removal of Spit Flame and the deck allready runs Fang Dragon for it's versitility.  It's just a $65.00 budget deck excluding the basic lands. Agree it isn't fully optimal but it will work. Anybody can take this shell if they so wish and add whatever they want into the deck to make it as optimal as they want. :)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2023, 11:20:52 pm by robort »

AlltheTokens

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2023, 04:43:53 pm »
I agree with EMaxxi that getting started is going to be tough in a deck like this.  I would drop Chaos Dragon and maybe Thunderbreak Regent in favor of some more ramp.  Chaos Dragon doesn't really add anything to the deck other that being a dragon.  Thunderbreak isn't doing enough to stop your opponents from removing your dragons and dropping him would make you commander's pseudo cascade more consistent.  Speaking on consistent Solemn Simulacrum is budget, ramps on ETB, draws on LTB, and, if you sac him with your commander, will always grab dragonspeaker shaman, minion of the mighty, or dragonlord's servant.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2023, 05:08:23 pm by AlltheTokens »

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2023, 06:34:06 pm »
I have added more ramp but agreed that Sad Robot into one of the other ramp cards would definitely be sufficient :)

I did upgrade the deck apparently on another thread and for some reason I don't know why I made 2 threads. However here is what I have changed the deck into.

https://deckstats.net/decks/52552/3260385-hide-your-soul-with-dragons

Now with 31 Dragons it should do ok and nothing overly special. With 22 7 drop dragons should at least cascade into a hidden commander at least once per game but not always guaranteed. With 24 different cards getting lands/treasures/costs reductions getting out dragons almost shouldn't be an issue. All this of course in casual style play :)