deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Legal Unfinity Deck Question (EDH / Commander)  (Read 1255 times)

itshedge

• local cEDH Unfinity pro. Source: Trust me bro
  • Decks
Legal Unfinity Deck Question (EDH / Commander)
« on: December 23, 2023, 05:57:21 pm »
 Hey fellow Deckstats nerds,

I'm going to be making a deck with an attraction deck. For those that would like a refresher, attractions from Unfinity are artifacts that exist in the "attraction deck" as a minimum of 10 cards. When a card like Coming Attraction says "open an attraction", you take the top card of the attraction deck and put it on the battlefield. At the beginning of the pre-combat main-phase (or when a card says "roll to visit your attractions") you roll a d6 and then do the effect on each attraction with that number lit up.

The important part is that there are different versions of the attractions with different combinations of lights on. None of them have 1 and all of them have 6. This leaves a lot of possibilities. Do I take all the attractions with 5 lit up so I get a really big turn when I roll 5 or 6, or do I evenly spread them out so I always get something? Basically, to greed or not to greed- What would you do?

If it matters, my commander is going to be either Dee Kay, Finder of the Lost, Myra the Magnificent, or The Most Dangerous Gamer. I haven't decided yet. I'm definitely leaning towards The Most Dangerous Gamer, despite Pick A Beeble being the only legal attraction that grants a prize.

Thanks friends!

(This message brought to you by ItsHedge, and probably not Morganator2.0)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2023, 06:08:33 pm by itshedge »

DiamondAltenwerth

• Decks
Re: Legal Unfinity Deck Question (EDH / Commander)
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2024, 11:01:07 am »
tunnel rush
The important part is that there are different versions of the attractions with different combinations of lights on. None of them have 1 and all of them have 6. This leaves a lot of possibilities. Do I take all the attractions with 5 lit up so I get a really big turn when I roll 5 or 6, or do I evenly spread them out so I always get something? Basically, to greed or not to greed- What would you do?

You should balance the number of lights on your attractions, so that you have a good chance of visiting them on any roll. If you have too many attractions with the same number of lights, you might miss out on some effects or get too many redundant effects. If you have too many attractions with different numbers of lights, you might get too many random or inconsistent effects. A good rule of thumb is to have about two attractions with each number of lights, except for 1, which none of them have.

stuffnsuch

• Decks
Re: Legal Unfinity Deck Question (EDH / Commander)
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2024, 01:30:31 am »
If you're going to run a Barbarian Class, Pixie Guide, Wyll, Blade of Frontiers, ways to tutor for them, ways to copy them, etc. then you should always pile up the highest number, since you'll be able to get everything every time, or at least most often.  If you're planning to just let it be random, I'd start by spreading things out, then maybe start pairing complimentary effects.