deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Nethroi as a Commander  (Read 781 times)

ttv.lifebl00dx

• budget casual player, average monke with cards
    • my twitch (I play games)
  • Decks
Nethroi as a Commander
« on: December 08, 2023, 06:13:50 pm »
Is there a way to make Nethroi, Apex of Death a viable commander? I don't think you can mutate from the command zone, so you would have to allocate a lot of deck space to bounce effects to get him back to your hand and it really just doesn't seem worth it. Has anyone here made him, or any of the mutate creatures from ikoria, work well?
LIFEBL00D sends her regards.

SeraphimRisen

• Decks
Re: Nethroi as a Commander
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2023, 10:42:57 pm »
What ruling says you can't cast it with mutate from the command zone?

ApothecaryGeist

• Decks
Re: Nethroi as a Commander
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2023, 11:27:20 pm »
Is there a way to make Nethroi, Apex of Death a viable commander? I don't think you can mutate from the command zone, so you would have to allocate a lot of deck space to bounce effects to get him back to your hand and it really just doesn't seem worth it. Has anyone here made him, or any of the mutate creatures from ikoria, work well?

Mutate is an alternative cost to cast the spell.  These do function from the Command Zone, just as they would from your hand.  Commander Tax is still applicable.
Happy Brewing!
:)