deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [pioneer] Orzhov curses? - Opinons/feedback needed :)  (Read 502 times)

Sepel

• Decks
[pioneer] Orzhov curses? - Opinons/feedback needed :)
« on: February 07, 2024, 04:19:14 pm »
Hi,
im quite new to building a 60 card deck, having only ever played EDH, and could use some tips for this (or any) deck to make it work smothly.
It doesn't have to be super strong, but i'd like it to function reliably.

My inpiration to building this were Faithbound Judge and Concealing Curtains, since i liked the theme/artworks, the rest of the just followed organically.
At first i wanted to build the deck standard legal deck, but since VOW rotates out in september i choose pioneer, is that a good decision?

Improvements the deck need (what i think):
- More Card draw
- Better Lands
- Ramp?

Thanks for the Help!

https://deckstats.net/decks/236046/3394562--pioneer-orzhov-curse

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
Re: [pioneer] Orzhov curses? - Opinons/feedback needed :)
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2024, 05:08:03 pm »
As much as I like overwhelming splendor I would at least cut one of those. With no ramp I wouldn't try to bother with them to much. I personally would at least put in 1 or 2 Hallowed Haunting which would synergize with Katilda. And/or even run an Ondu Spirit Dancer. Hopefully these suggestions are ideal because like you I only play EDH so I don't know what cards are good for Pioneer but those are a start.
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

stuffnsuch

• Decks
Re: [pioneer] Orzhov curses? - Opinons/feedback needed :)
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2024, 12:52:32 am »
Rather than ramp, a Starfield Mystic or two (or Starnheim Courser or Transcendent Envoy) might help speed up your game.  Obviously, Godless Shrine and Caves of Koilos would be great as would be Concealed Courtyard and Isolated Chapel for mana fixing.  You don't need all your lands to add White and Black, but it would be good to not just have basics.  Sram, Senior Edificer could provide some card draw, as you're hopefully casting a lot of curses.  You may want to up the control elements (more boardwipes and removal) while cutting back on creatures, but I know control isn't for everyone.  If you are wanting to go a little more aggro, an All that Glitters wouldn't hurt.