deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: i always come back  (Read 294 times)

YaBoiiBrad

• Decks
i always come back
« on: March 24, 2024, 03:34:56 am »

Landale

• Decks
Re: i always come back
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2024, 04:25:03 am »
29 lands, 6 ramp, one of which costs 4 mana, when your average mana cost is 4.06.
2 cards that draw, one that tutors, and both of the non mana rock options here are 7 mana. (I missed one the first time around, there's also Faramir in there but he's also a really bad choice given how little ways you have to make use of the rest of him)

This deck seems designed specifically to lose to absolutely any deck, and badly.

34-38 lands, 8-10 ramp, ~10 draw. This is a general baseline for any given Commander deck to reliably function.
Barren Moor, Secluded Steppe, Polluted Mire, Drifting Meadow, Desert of the Glorified, Desert of the True, Castle Locthwain
Sol Ring, Arcane Signet, Blood Pet, Vesper Ghoul, Soldevi Adnate, Marble Diamond, Charcoal Diamond
Greed, Dark Tutelage, Dark Confidant, Bushmeat Poacher, Dockside Chef, Ayara, First of Locthwain, Shadowheart, Dark Justiciar, Silversmote Ghoul, Skullport Merchant

Those lists of suggestions could go on for days, but that's still a start.

I'd suggest trimming from the top, the more expensive the card the more impact it needs. Debtors' Knell, Ethereal Absolution, Price of Knowledge, Virtue of Persistence, and Kaya, Intangible Slayer are all cards that are not going to be winning you the game, Invasion of Tolvada's too expensive and does nothing of value without putting in even more work. Invoke Justice's 4 white is a big demand, especially with you not running any duals. Angelic Edict, Oblivion Strike, and Obzedat's Aid are absurdly expensive for how little they do, and at sorcery speed none the less. You have almost nothing other than random tokens that work with Wispdrinker Vampire, and a single one of your anthem effects pushes almost all of the few that do out of range anyway.

Try to make sure you're sorting your cards into custom subsections, rather than using the default. Deck Goals, Draw, Interaction, Ramp, Utility, and Land is a pretty good way to go about it. This lets you, and others, see how your deck is constructed more clearly.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2024, 05:20:21 am by Landale »