deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: The Beastie Boy  (Read 190 times)

Sheogoroth

• Decks
The Beastie Boy
« on: May 02, 2024, 02:10:50 am »
https://deckstats.net/decks/116919/3501365-the-beastie-boy

Struggling to close this one out. I'm at 99 cards, I have a few in the maybe board. It's got a pretty consistent game plan.

I'm a big fan of Sun Tzu's "A bushel of my enemy's grain is worth ten of my own" and I tried to emphasize the theft from the board rather than the graveyard, but it might be a good idea in case people just stop playing creatures. What do you guys think? What would you add or remove?

Fuzzy2Wasy

• Decks
Re: The Beastie Boy
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2024, 06:07:14 pm »
If it were my deck, I would try and replace a few of your 1-time sacrifice abilities with permanent sac outlets. I agree with you that you may be (significantly) too high on board theft, playtesting in your group will be critical to see how fast you run out of targets and have dead cards in your hand.  If you do go with more GY theft, I would highly recommend Altar of Dementia.  This would also pair very nicely with a Rise of the Dark Realms as a finisher. 

If you're married to The Beast as your commander, respect, but I would think for this plan to really succeed, getting a GRIXIS commander to give you access to blue perma-theft and artifact theft would probably step you up a level in competitiveness.  Take and keep the really good stuff (including other people's commanders) and steal and sac the other stuff to take away blockers and get sac value.

Fuzzy2Wasy

• Decks
Re: The Beastie Boy
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2024, 06:19:17 pm »
My playgroup did a holiday themed deck building challenge, and I made Krampus to steal the naughty children and drown them in a river.  I know you won't be using the green stuff, but there might be a few ideas you like in here.
https://deckstats.net/decks/161626/3286573-krampus