deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [My first Deck] Blue Green Kombo Deck - Advices?  (Read 486 times)

ecxofever

• Decks
[My first Deck] Blue Green Kombo Deck - Advices?
« on: January 06, 2015, 04:20:13 pm »
Blue Green Kombo Deck

Kombo with Pemmin's Aura and Wirewood Channeler to get infinite mana. Then finish with Jinxed Choker or Blue Sun's Zenith.

Any Advices?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 05:00:56 pm by ecxofever »

Drunk Cynic

• Abusing the Terrible and Neglected
  • Decks
Re: [My first Deck] Blue Green Kombo Deck - Advices?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2015, 05:34:12 pm »
If it is his ultimate your after, Jace, Memory Adept would be better than Jace Beleren.

There is a horrible trap you can get in to; With Wirewood Channeler and Kira, Great Glass-Spinner in play, you will be stuck with Pemmin's Aura in hand until you get a sacrificial spell, which would be another Pemmin's Aura or a Voidslime. Consider pulling Kira.

Given your curve, the number of tap lands your running, and the peak of your curve, I think you'll need to hit the first 4 land drops. To do so, it takes 22 lands to make the probability you get 4 or more lands greater than 50%. I'd suggest Yavimaya Coast.
Perpetual Johnny. Interactions and originality are preferable to winning, though winning doesn't hurt.
If I throw statistics at you, they likely came from:
https://stattrek.com/online-calculator/hypergeometric.aspx

ecxofever

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2015, 06:53:27 pm »
Thanks for the advice,

I didn't think of Jace, Memory Adept. It seems like the better choice. Would you let in Kiora, the Crashing Wave ? Or maybe let out both?

Oh, didn't think of that trap. Thank you.

Which counter should i add instead?

Sorry, i'm absolutley beginner and just had that deck idea.

Drunk Cynic

• Abusing the Terrible and Neglected
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2015, 07:25:01 pm »
Your deck is built around making the infinite mana combo work, with 6 outlets for the mana. Despite the board presence of Kiora, the Crashing Wave, it detracts from the focus of your deck. That said, you can put Kiora in your sideboard, for match ups against control decks.

Take out Kira, and replace it with two lands.
Perpetual Johnny. Interactions and originality are preferable to winning, though winning doesn't hurt.
If I throw statistics at you, they likely came from:
https://stattrek.com/online-calculator/hypergeometric.aspx

ecxofever

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2015, 10:30:32 pm »
Thank you !
And how often Jace? 2 or 3?