deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Olivia voldaren - Comments  (Read 846 times)

Comment Bot

Olivia voldaren - Comments
« on: July 19, 2013, 10:34:23 am »
This is the comment topic for Olivia voldaren.

Please use the Reply button to comment. If you do not have an account yet, please use the link on top to register.

Dies ist das Kommentarthema für Olivia voldaren.

Bitte benutze den Knopf "Reply", um einen Kommentar zu schreiben. Wenn du noch kein Benutzerkonto hier hast, benutze bitte den Link "Register" (oben) um dich zu registrieren.

Underhill83

• Decks
Re: Olivia voldaren - Comments
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 10:34:23 am »
Several things that bother me with this list:

1) the mana base should be improved massively.
Command Tower, Akoum Refuge, Rakdos Carnarium etc. can help

2) there are some staple cards that can really help you, such as
Sol Ring, Bojuka Bog, Strip Mine, Dark Ritual

3) black is great in removal, which is missing completely
Dreadbore, Terminate, Murder and Urge to Feed should be some of the best for you

4) I don't like the Dragon-Theme here to much. You have way to many creatures and since the Vampires
are helping each other, I think you should stick to this tribe!
Drana, Kalastria Bloodchief and Nirkana Revenant can be very strong

5) Olivia can get very strong IF you can protect her. It should pay out to add more equipments for that
Swiftfoot Boots or Darksteel Plate would help

6) black has some great card draw and discard spells. Card advantage is everything!

Maybe you'd like to check out my deck
https://deckstats.net/decks/4485/18469-olivia-v2

Bven83

• Decks
Re: Olivia voldaren - Comments
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2013, 05:54:09 pm »
Hello Underhill83, before anything else I must say that this deck was made for a friend who has been out of the mtg loop since 4th edition. The same can be said for myself. The decks I have posted are the first decks I've made since my return from the ice age era.

With this in mind it might help explain some of the choices you see in the deck. I had to work with what my friend liked, namely dragons and vampires. I don't feel the dragons work particularly well with the deck and down the road my friend might drop some of them for card removal and card draw both of which you noted. Also I've just been out of the loop for so long my card knowledge is limited but is growing.

Some cards you mentioned have simply been left out because of economic reasons. Don't get me wrong the cards you listed are great and I am lucky to have a sol ring which I can always swap into any of MY decks but I won't suggest to my friend to go buy a 10-12 USD Sol Ring. I believe Nirkana Revenant was left out of the deck for that very reason.

As for protection, you are 100% correct. This is a commander that will draw aggro and removal but it comes down to card space and price. If the dragons go I can see more protection equipment going into this deck as well as card removal.

After I built the deck I did check out other decks with Olivia as a commander, yours was one of them as I remember the description you gave.

All in all thank you very much for your input.