deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Autor Tópico: Mono blue unblockable - Help needed  (Lida 885 vezes)

cotton

• Decks
Mono blue unblockable - Help needed
« em: Agosto 13, 2013, 02:26:29 am »
Hey guys, I just created a mono blue unblockable deck but I had no time to test it yet.
It is the first time I tried to build a mono blue deck, so please give me some feedback on it.
If there is anything you think should be changed, than please make suggestions.
The only conditions for card changes are that the deck has to still be a mono blue modern deck.
Since I try to realize all my decks on deckstats.net, cards like cryptic command aren't welcome either due to the high price (max. ~6€ for single cards).
I would really appreciate your help, so thanks in advance!

http://deckstats.net/decks/4689/26646-monoblue-unblockable

*oh and I might add that the max. amount of ~6€ ist't based on the prices shown on deckstats.net, but on real trading sites which are actually a LOT cheaper  ;D .
« Última modificação: Agosto 13, 2013, 02:29:11 am por cotton »

Tosamu

• Decks
Re: Mono blue unblockable - Help needed
« Responder #1 em: Agosto 14, 2013, 01:08:36 am »

General Thoughts:

Since creatures with unblockable are almost always weaker than others of similar cost in terms of power/toughness, pretty much everything your opponent plays is going to be bigger than your creatures. Consider some blockers such as Fog Bank to prevent your opponent from just hitting you back harder when they are unable to block.

Specific Cards:

Into the Roil and Boomerang are both strictly better than Disperse in this deck.

On average, you will have drawn about 26 cards before you hit 9 mana for a kicked Rite of Replication. You also don't really have anything worthwhile of your own to target other than the single Deep-Sea Kraken.

Hands of Binding is really good here. Consider switching the two copies of Hidden Strings out for two more.

Personally, I think you'll have the most success with a strategy of stalling out the board defensively and then grinding out the game with a single devastating effect (Quietus Spike, Stolen Identity, etc.) on an unblockable creature. However, let me know what your intention is - I might come back and edit this post if I come up with any more ideas.

cotton

• Decks
« Responder #2 em: Agosto 14, 2013, 03:55:36 am »
First of all, thanks for your suggestions!
I am well aware that my creatures are on average weaker than my opponents creatures with the same CC. When I first decided on creatures I want to include, Fog Bank was one which just barely didn't made it in because I included some equipments like Grafted Wargear or Strata Scythe instead to boost offensive as well as defensive powers of my creatures. However, after some test matches it seems I should really reconsider my choice since I also lack anti-air cards.
I am really no fan of single target bouncing spells, so thanks for these suggestions but I am afraid they just wont do for me (especially because I already have Zephyr Net, which is basically a Pacifism in blue for an unblockable deck like mine and gets rid of their creatures for more than just one turn with the same CC).
Cocerning Rite of Replication, playing it with it's kicker on cards like Latch Seeker sure wins games but I am not exactly aiming for 5 copies since amassing 9 mana is already hard enough even without Strata Scythe. However, being able to copy Latch Seeker or Deep-Sea Kraken even once, as well as the possibility of getting something worthwhile from my opponents field, already makes me want to play it (though it still has a lower priority than other cards in this deck, so I might get rid of it for the sake of Fog Bank).
The main idea behind Hidden Strings is to give my creatures vigilance to leave blockers behind but in case I am really going for a playset of Fog Bank I guess all it does is untapping my mana (which could really accelerate things at times seeing how many CC2 and CC3 drops I play). In any case, I will definitively give playing 4 Hands of binding a deeper thought since it's also able to target already tapped cards.
Your idea of being mainly defensive and playing just a few unblockables alongside Quietus Spike also seems interesting. Maybe cards like Drift of Phantasms, Hover Barrier or Wall of Frost would be a good choice then.
I guess I might just try some changes in test matches and wait for further feedback on this deck for now.
Hopefully more people are willing to look into my deck and give me some advise :) .

Neznas

• Decks
« Responder #3 em: Agosto 14, 2013, 12:55:50 pm »
This deck is to weak cause u just have the unlockables for ur dmg and thats not enough.
I play GW Enchantments in Modern, and I get my creature earlyer out to the battlefield.
I can every turn push them and boost them up, their all hexproofs and after 4 turns they can get 30/30 or more and are unblockable with Spirit Mantle, and if i get also a Daybreak Coronet on that creature hes unblockable, can block everything and give me Lifelink ... so thats prety much better then mono blue unblockable without Enchantments.
U can try to splash with white or red to get some Enchantments on them ... or Play Nivmagus Elemental to sacrifice ur Cipher Copies and get him bigger... but without any dmg and just the unblockable creauter u cant win, the most of them are not hexproof so they can easily get a removal and then ? ... then u have rly no dmg :)

I think u have to rethink ur deck bevore u start playing on FNM or other tournaments.

Try to use the Unblockable Creatures and then use them with enchantments or instant boosts like Giat Growth, then u can rush ur enemy every turn with 9/9 or more :)

Tosamu

• Decks
« Responder #4 em: Agosto 14, 2013, 04:53:43 pm »
For some reason I thought Dissipate was Disperse in reading your decklist, which is why I suggested those alternatives.

While it isn't technically monoblue, Inkfathom Infiltrator is worth considering.

On the topic of Hidden Strings vs Hands of Binding, I still think that untapping your attackers isn't worth much, since they can't stand against anything in combat. Consider a turn two Invisible Stalker staring down their turn two creature.

Hidden Strings: Cast hidden strings, untap two lands and (possibly) play something else, cipher onto stalker and attack, untapping stalker and a land. On their turn they attack, and you either chump block losing two cards to their none, trade creatures losing two cards to their one, or don't block in which case hidden strings was pointless.

Hands of Binding: Cast hands of binding, tapping their creature, cipher onto stalker and attack, tapping the same creature (a waste) or something else if possible. On their next turn they don't attack. You can then keep the same creature tapped forever or upgrade if something more threatening comes along, effectively trading Hands of Binding for their best creature.

Also, is this deck destined for casual play with a modern cardpool or actual modern tournaments, FNM or otherwise?