deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: orzhov pauper - Comments  (Read 1321 times)

Comment Bot

orzhov pauper - Comments
« on: August 13, 2013, 10:16:59 pm »
This is the comment topic for orzhov pauper.

Please use the Reply button to comment. If you do not have an account yet, please use the link on top to register.

Dies ist das Kommentarthema für orzhov pauper.

Bitte benutze den Knopf "Reply", um einen Kommentar zu schreiben. Wenn du noch kein Benutzerkonto hier hast, benutze bitte den Link "Register" (oben) um dich zu registrieren.

Myndi84

• Decks
Re: orzhov pauper - Comments
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 10:16:59 pm »
what about "Nip Gwyllion"? With "Edge of the Divinity" that would be a 4/4 in turn 2.

cuss

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 02:43:48 pm »
what about "Nip Gwyllion"? With "Edge of the Divinity" that would be a 4/4 in turn 2.

Hi Myndi84, thanks for the reply.
I've considered it but went for 2x  Beckon Apparition  as it is instant and may "transform"  Nightsky Mimic even on opponent turn.

But you may be right, switching out Syndic of Tithes for it (Nip Gwyllion) may be a sensible choice (meanwhile I've put Basilica Screecher instead of Syndic of Tithes at least it's black).

I've played for fun with the deck, and being able to use extort once or twice when you cast a spell may help you win the match (fun play: snuff out with a couple of extort instances :)). So having more cards with extort (i.e.  Basilica Screecher vs Nip Gwyllion) may be desireable.

Not to mention the multiplayer matches I've played with it, where extort is quite powerful

cheers.

cuss

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2013, 11:37:03 am »
I've updated the deck reflecting my change (switching Syndic of Tithes for  Basilica Screecher) as I still don't have any Nip Gwyllion.
Will test it with Nip Gwyllion as soon as I'll buy them.

Jaktipe

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2014, 12:59:50 pm »
I have a pauper deck very like it although I've gone for a mono-black approach and I've taken out the plains and gold cards. I've gained speed through not needing white mana and adding Dark Rituals. T1 dark ritual into Nip Gwyllion and Nightsky Mimic followed by an Edge of the Divinity (on Nip) gives you a T2 4/4 lifelinker and a 4/4 flier which is a very quick clock. I use Geth's Verdict and Victim of Night (kills most things for 2 mana and as I'm in mono-black the double black doesn't matter. A mono-white approach would be equally valid with Journey to Nowhere, Holy Light and Oblivion Ring.

cuss

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2014, 05:05:14 pm »
Hey Thanks for the reply!

I've considered going mono-black, but the two multicolor cards (the only ones which actually needs white) help the mimic transform (and are nice with the edge) and also provide extort, which is somewhat the theme of the deck.

Of course removing the white cards would help the manabase mostly, by assuring a turn one untapped land, although there's not much to be done on turn one except the nip. In my experience the deck starts casting spells on turn two consistently, and the loss of a turn-one mana is affordable. consider the two multicolor cards are nice creature too.

In any case, what would you add instead of those 8 cards (I take the suggestion of the removal as replacement for the unmake and snuff-out, am I right?)

Jaktipe

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2014, 03:39:17 pm »
My (mono-Black) List...

4 Beckon Apparition
2 Corrupt
4 Dark Ritual
4 Edge of the Divinity
4 Mourning Thrull
4 Nightsky Mimic
4 Nip Gwyllion