deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Cards with the same theme  (Read 1030 times)

Mopey

• Decks
Cards with the same theme
« on: March 20, 2015, 09:05:18 am »
Hi there!

I am looking for cards with the same theme around them. I want to have some 'same of a kind'-cards in my cube. Unfortunately, my search didn't show anything good (probably because I used the wrong words, but I don't know how else to call those cards). To clarify what I mean, I have some examples:

Paragon of Eternal Wilds
Paragon of Fierce Defiance
Paragon of Gathering Mists
Paragon of New Dawns
Paragon of Open Graves

Or something like

Staff of the Death Magus
Staff of the Flame Magus
Staff of the Mind Magus
Staff of the Sun Magus
Staff of the Wild Magus

Or even cards like

Duskmantle Guildmage
Korozda Guildmage
New Prahv Guildmage
Nivix Guildmage
Rix Maadi Guildmage
Skarrg Guildmage
Sunhome Guildmage
Vitu-Ghazi Guildmage
Vizkopa Guildmage
Zameck Guildmage

I think you catch my drift. The most important thing is: The cards should be evenly splitted into the cube. Means: Same chance / balance for every card.
It doesn't matter wether there are artefacts, creatures, instants, sorceries or whatever there is. I just need a list which shows me what cards there are with those similarities.

Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 09:08:52 am by Mopey »

Pigov

• I'm creating casual decks for me and my friends
  • Decks
Re: Cards with the same theme
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 07:45:18 pm »
these "themes" are often called "cycles". you can look them up on several pages, including mtg-salvation wiki ( for example on every editions/sets main page)
there are also mirrored pairs (soul of harves - harvester of souls) and other types of cycles ( common, uncommon, rare small cycle (splicers) for example)

Not all cycles fall into your category though, like random common/uncommon cycles ( clan specific creatures from KTK for example)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 07:48:46 pm by Pigov »

Mopey

• Decks
Re: Cards with the same theme
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 02:14:00 pm »
Thank you very much! I just couldn't figure out the right name. I will redo my search with new experience, now. + Karma!