deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Planeswalker Zoo - Comments  (Read 369 times)

Comment Bot

Planeswalker Zoo - Comments
« on: April 04, 2015, 06:10:22 am »
This is the comment topic for Planeswalker Zoo.

Please use the Reply button to comment. If you do not have an account yet, please use the link on top to register.

Dies ist das Kommentarthema für Planeswalker Zoo.

Bitte benutze den Knopf "Reply", um einen Kommentar zu schreiben. Wenn du noch kein Benutzerkonto hier hast, benutze bitte den Link "Register" (oben) um dich zu registrieren.

Dracovitch

• Apathy Incarnate
  • Decks
Re: Planeswalker Zoo - Comments
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2015, 06:10:23 am »
Lands (no # changes)
For cards like Wild Nacatl that rely on multiple land types to really shine, you need the ravnica shock lands, as they help bring these cards online much quicker. The below mana base is a mix between expensive and ideal. Were this a tournament deck, it would look much different (and cost a hell of a lot more)
5 Plains
5 Mountain
5 Forest
3 Jungle Shrine
2 Stomping Ground
2 Temple Garden
2 Sacred Foundry

Creatures (-5 cards)
-1 Godsire
-1 Dragonlord Atarka
-1 Dragonlord Dromoka
-2 Spellbreaker Behemoth

Remove the dragonlords, they are extra weight to an already fat aggro deck. Remove the Spellbreaker Behemoths, their ability is only relevant against a single style of card and will often function as vanilla 5/5's because of it. Simply put, the Regents are a better choice between the two. Remove Godsire, hardly seeing it as a one of would be better used to up Wild Nacatl or Birds of Paradise to a 4-of.

Enchantments (-3 cards)
-3 Shield of the Oversoul
Lose the Shield of the Oversouls. They can only be  truly effective on a handful of creatures, while the indestructible is nice it is not required to win. You have more than enough other cards that grant far better boosts in p/t department as well. Note: If all the above changes (including this one) have been taken, the deck is now officially 60 cards.

Planeswalkers (No # Change)
-1 Xenagos, the Reveler
+1 Domri Rade
I personally find Domri Rade a better choice in this deck over Xenagos, the Reveler. Domri's abilities fit the style of play much better. 

Other notes
Even with the idea that the Rings of Brighthearth double your PW abilities, I think they could be removed in favor of upping two of the 3-of's to 4-of's . Most notably Path of Exile, Wild Nacatl or Birds of Paradise. Titanic Ultimatum
Good luck, have fun, and don't die.

Dracovitch

• Apathy Incarnate
  • Decks
Re: Planeswalker Zoo - Comments
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2015, 06:11:37 am »
Ok apparently I can't edit comments. Which sucks because Titanic Ultimatum should be part of the "most notably" line. I just got screwed up in sentence structure and forgot to fix it before hitting submit.
Good luck, have fun, and don't die.