deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Modern: Which Deck is better?  (Read 1100 times)

ItzHaay

• Decks
Modern: Which Deck is better?
« on: September 14, 2016, 09:06:37 pm »
Getting ready for a Modern Tournament, and i cant Decide Which Deck i should Use. If someone could comment or speculate on which of the following i might have the best luck with that would be great. The choices Are as Follows:

Vampire Deck
https://deck.tk/3B3H4y6b

Sliver Deck
https://deck.tk/0gFL3MvJ

Mono Green Deck
https://deck.tk/7Hmb7qat
^The Green Deck Says Legal for legacy, so im not entirely Sure what is needed to get it fixed for modern

Mostlynotgay

• It's really not THAT impressive
    • Mostlynotgay Videos
  • Decks
Re: Modern: Which Deck is better?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2016, 11:57:28 pm »
LOVE slivers!

In case you're curious in the mono-green, it's Pygmy Troll that's doing it.   
Youtube Videos: Mostlynotgay

"You're such a f*ggot for playing that in multiplayer" - Opponent when I played Confusion in the Ranks

Modern >

ladof

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2016, 02:54:48 am »
I'd say the sliver deck just because it's more focused. Your vampire deck needs to tighten up before I'd take it to a tourney.
Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

Mnemosyne

• Standard Consultant
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2016, 03:29:53 am »
I'd say the sliver deck just because it's more focused. Your vampire deck needs to tighten up before I'd take it to a tourney.

I'm agreeing with Ladof on this. You should go for the Sliver deck, but you need to make a few changes before you use it.
Take out ALL the tap lands you have in it. After a cursory glance, things like Looming Spires, Sandstone Bridge and Cinder Barrens replace them with (4) Evolving Wilds you should be able to find it, they are relatively easy to get as its common and reprinted in most sets. (It's useful because you can narrow which land you need to find, based on the cards in your hand)

Before I forget, the reason for this change is because these tap lands (come into play tapped). It will slow down your deck, giving your opponent an advantage, because of the amount of open mana they have available. Luckily your creature mana curve is relatively low, but just in case... you will need mana available in case you need to establish a board presence quickly.

Also, many of the tapped lands effects (first-strike or vigilance) are given to you by your slivers, which makes the lands ability's redundant.

You should aim to have 22-24 lands (75% of them basic) * (8 Mountains/ 8 Plains / 4 Swamps + Evolving Wilds) to be safe! You should always have 40% of your deck lands, not because you need them, which you do, but because getting mana screwed is the worst thing to happen in a game. (Other than your opponent being a dick) I would take out Magmatic Chasm and Seismic Stomp to make room for the lands.

If you can, any RED/GREEN/BLACK card that allows you to DRAW is useful to help you keep your hand full! (Altar's Reap, Magmatic Insight, Abzan Charm)

PS.
Good luck, and watch/make notes whilst playing in the tournament, and if you get a chance, then watch other player's games. It's a good idea to bring a notepad with you to any game because you can keep track of mistakes and life totals.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 03:46:19 am by Mnemosyne »