deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [EDH / Commander] Saskia and the combat beasts  (Read 152 times)

fattydoe

• Decks
[EDH / Commander] Saskia and the combat beasts
« on: January 29, 2019, 10:49:45 am »
After tinkering around with Saskia the Unyielding , I decided to focus on a more win-oriented path. And this is the result I came up with.

The strategy in one sentence: Utilize one creature to deal as much damage as possible and reflect that damage through Saskia the Unyielding ability to another player.

Question: Currently, I'm not quite sure, if the deck is properly balanced (Ramp, Removal, etc.). Any suggestions?

There are several ways to pump up creatures, especially the commander using a VOLTRON approach. But that seemed not to be, what I was looking for. After some research, I decided, that:
- Exalted
- Myriad
are probably the go-to-abilities. They are independent from my commander and can deal a lot of damage alone, if e.g. Saskia the Unyielding was killed several times.

Now lets focus on the core abilities:

Exalted is an ability, that says: "Whenever a creature you control attacks, this creature get's +1/+1." Alone not so impressive, but having several creatures with the same effect on the board, this stacks up pretty fast. The core Exalted-creatures are:

Myriad is an ability, which was introduced in the commander precons from 2015. It basically says, that once you attack an opponent with a creature with myriad on it, create a token from it for each opponent on the table. The token attack another opponent each. Exile the token at the beginning of the next end step. Since Iā€™m focused on attacking with only one creature, I can resolve the Exalted trigger first, then the Myriad, giving an extra boost to my creature respectively the copies of it. These are the four Myriad-creatures I can use:

Finally I can do some combat tricks, such as giving my creature haste, deathtouch, menace, additional power and toughness and so on. To round the combat a little bit off, I have a few ways, to give me an additional combat step.

Deckstatistik anzeigen
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 10:51:29 am by fattydoe »