deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Best place to find MTG lore  (Read 343 times)

Red_Wyrm

• I'm the boss of the forums.
  • Decks
Best place to find MTG lore
« on: March 15, 2019, 05:04:25 am »
Hello Everyone!

One of my favorite parts of this game is the flavor. Cards like Feldon of the Third Path. His ability represents perfectly his story of bringing a loved one back to life, but only temporarily. But what is the third path? It says Feldon OF THE THIRD PATH, so thats gotta mean something right? He sided with neither Urza nor Mishra, choosing a third path. There are a million and one other examples. My particular favorite text is that of merciless eviction.
"I once saw the Obzedat moved to action. Since that day, I've been thankful that they're mainly lazy, and dead."
—Aurelia, to Gideon Jura

From this quote you see that Aurelia, a war leader, is afraid of the obzedat, and she is basically telling Gideon, a plansewalker, to be wary of them.

Now to my main question: Where can i find the most concise lore for MTG. I know there is the wiki page, but I would love a good book to be able to read on the toilet, among other places too, because in a book you get the story as opposed to the lore. Particularly I am interested in Urza's story, but I would love to read about the entire multiverse.

Thanks!
My King Baby said yes!
I thought you'd never ask
Also, I always spell your name correctly, Red_Wurm.  :)

Please, it is Red

Queervidual

• Niels, Queervidual, Thraben Wanderer
  • Decks
Re: Best place to find MTG lore
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 12:32:10 pm »
I tend to listen to podcasts, The Vorthos Cast, The loregoyfs & Goblin Lore being my three vorthos casts. Their hosts have a huge Vorthos knowledge. For reading, there's mtglore.com as a great concise page, though I don't know if they have links to physical books there. If you have Twitter, the Vorthos hashtag will point to a load of more knowledgeable folks. And I believe there is a Vorthos sub Reddit, but I don't do Reddit.
I love synergies, themes and weird combos.
My mind wanders as much as I do.
My crazy ideas are gathered here: https://deckstats.net/forum/index.php?topic=42299.msg115692#msg115692

Red_Wyrm

• I'm the boss of the forums.
  • Decks
Re: Best place to find MTG lore
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2019, 10:52:10 pm »
I'll have to look into that. I dont mind myself a podcast at all as long as its decent. Even better because I can just listen, as opposed to watch/read while walking to class.
My King Baby said yes!
I thought you'd never ask
Also, I always spell your name correctly, Red_Wurm.  :)

Please, it is Red