deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Auteur Sujet: Fool's Gold  (Lu 1138 fois)

Marshstepper78

• Decks
Re: Fool's Gold
« Réponse #15 le: Juin 26, 2019, 04:48:07 am »
I completely agree about Chromatic Lantern. It promotes a form of laziness that can be capitalized upon at the right moment. It always ends up getting cut early on.

However, I disagree about Reliquary Tower. I have it in all my decks that draw aggressively, even 3-color decks, and I have never been hindered by its colorless exclusivity.

Bojuka Bog is great even if it comes into play tapped. I love to play in my graveyard and I always groan when someone drops one. With Crop Rotation, it can be used to exile a graveyard at the right moment. Bokuja Bog is prevalent in my meta as I am not the only one that loves to exploit his graveyard.

Force of Will, and all other ''free'' counterspells, are fantastic in combo decks as it ensures that you have the means to protect your key combo pieces. Needless to say, I disagree with the person that thinks FoW is overrated. However, I do concede that it is a meta thing. FoW is probably unnecessary in casual metas.

I find that fetches are largely unnecessary too, unless you can benefit from lands hitting the graveyard or entering the battlefield. For example, I have all the fetches that get green in my Titania, Protector of Argoth deck. I will also put fetches in 3-color decks that don't ramp easily (Mardu, Jeskai, Esper, Grixis) if I have specific colors that I must have available early on. If you can reuse them, with Muldrotha, the Gravetide for example, then they could be warranted as well.

In casual metas where games can go on, the various bounce lands are fine. You'll get value out of them in the long run. However, I only ever use them in 2-color decks; they are too much of a tempo loss otherwise.

Besides in Godo, Bandit Warlord and casual decks, I don't think Helm of the Host is talked about much. The mana and time needed to get good value out of this equipment is near impossible to attain quick enough. Don't get me wrong, the card is cute.

Judaspriester

• Decks
Re: Fool's Gold
« Réponse #16 le: Juin 26, 2019, 10:15:55 am »
Mulldrifter, there are better ways to draw cards
Farhven Elf 3 mana for a tapped basic land not worth it
Blind Obedience but Authority of the Consuls works better but agreed nothing wrong with running both
Any of the Guildgates
Any of the lands where they come in tapped and you gain 1 life
Gift of Paradise just to get 3 life for 1 extra mana
Also agree about Helm of the Host. For the cost of what it does, Helm just doesn't do enough for the costs

I agree with mulldrifter and Helm of the host (of course) but all the others seem like cards that are simply bad. Not overrated. Do you regularly see those cards?

I'm fine with Mulldrifter in my Muldrotha deck, but mainly because I'm able to reuse him.

About the 1 life lands.. at least felt 70% of the deck with a budget under 300€ (european market) I take a look at use them. Even for duo in Gx.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.