deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Help me speed things up  (Read 518 times)

SirHerpaderp

Help me speed things up
« on: March 28, 2022, 12:17:19 pm »
Hey everyone! With all of EDH getting faster and me enjoying faster games more and more I was thinking about speeding up this deck a bit. Sometimes it does need a long time to get going. I've already replaced a few of the less impressive cards like The Mending of Dominaria, Strands of Night, Desolation, Burgeoning and Ob Nixilis the Fallen but it feels like lands decks are a tad slow in general if you don't have the perfect draw combination of extra landdrops + lands to drop. I was thinking about going for more treasures (Tireless Provisioner is absolutley busted in this deck; Dockside Extortionist is a little bit to pricey imho).
On top I recently added Mayhem Devil to get a speedier wincon next to the valakut combo but maybe the community has some other ideas! Feel free to have a look and thank you in advance <3

https://deckstats.net/decks/112347/1520755-geophagia

The Golgari Guy

• Deck optimization never ends
  • Decks
Re: Help me speed things up
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2022, 01:09:01 pm »
Your curve seems very solid. If you want to avoid the expensive ones (Mana Crypt, Mox Diamond, Ancient Tomb etc.) you can try adding some more mana dorks. Elves of Deep Shadows, Llanowar Elves etc..

That's pretty much what you have if you don't want to spend a lot of money. Depending on the meta, you may also consider Dark Ritual.

Bloom Tender could be another good one if you have the budget.
Golgari is life. And death.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2022, 05:56:14 pm »
It's no Dockside Extortionist, but Treasure Vault could work with the land theme you have.

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2022, 06:43:34 pm »
It doesn't help that your commander has very little synergy with a lands theme from what I'm seeing
Nils is the God I worship

SirHerpaderp

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2022, 07:33:20 pm »
It doesn't help that your commander has very little synergy with a lands theme from what I'm seeing

Korvold is honestly disgusting in a lands deck since he turns fetches and other lands that sac themselves and sacrificing lands to stuff like crop rotation into a crazy amount of draw. The other option would have been Lord Windgrace but I dislike planeswalkers as commanders.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2022, 11:03:28 am by SirHerpaderp »

The Golgari Guy

• Deck optimization never ends
  • Decks
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2022, 09:53:15 pm »

Korvold is honestly disgusting in a lands deck since he turns fetches and other lands that sac themselves and sacrificing lands to stuff crop rotation into a crazy amount of draw. The other option would have been Lord Windgrace but I dislike planeswalkers as commanders.

Agree, despite not having any specific synergy Korvold is an amazing lands commander. Just the synergy with fetchlands is enough.
Golgari is life. And death.

SirHerpaderp

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2022, 12:08:33 pm »
Your curve seems very solid. If you want to avoid the expensive ones (Mana Crypt, Mox Diamond, Ancient Tomb etc.) you can try adding some more mana dorks. Elves of Deep Shadows, Llanowar Elves etc..

That's pretty much what you have if you don't want to spend a lot of money. Depending on the meta, you may also consider Dark Ritual.

Bloom Tender could be another good one if you have the budget.

Thanks for your input; I thought the same and have the dorks lyingin my maybeboardbox for a long time but I was also thinking about an easier to assemble combo (Korvold , Mayhem Devil + Mortuary and Skirk Prospector for example) or maybe even Chandra's Ignition. But with those I could just get rid of the lands attempt and go full combo. Must be how a midlife crisis feels :D