deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Auteur Sujet: Mono-White Michiko Konda, Truth Seeker  (Lu 328 fois)

llamadude

• Patron
  • Decks
Mono-White Michiko Konda, Truth Seeker
« le: Juillet 20, 2022, 11:01:05 pm »
I wanted to build a mono-color deck for a while, and I've had a bunch of cards which would do best in a mono-color deck that I haven't been able to use in a while (eg. Keeper of the Accord, Endless Atlas, Extraplanar Lens, Emeria, the Sky Ruin, ...), and I've got a number of nice cards I wanted to put in SOMETHING (eg. Michiko Konda, Truth Seeker, Masako the Humorless, Mangara, the Diplomat, Darien, King of Kjeldor, Luminarch Ascension, Ajani Steadfast, ...), but they just never really seem to end up in anything.

So I build this one, and while it's something of a "pet card" deck, I'd like for it to perform decently! The basic idea is to pillow fort, with emphasis on lifegain and token creatures, with the latter pretty much being the win-con.

Some of the lackings I've found so far are:
It's certainly not high-power, but I hope it will be fun for casual games.

Do you have any suggestions?

https://deckstats.net/decks/149773/2632722-michiko/en?revision=10

llamadude

• Patron
  • Decks
Re: Mono-White Michiko Konda, Truth Seeker
« Réponse #1 le: Juillet 25, 2022, 04:52:29 am »
I've goldfished it a few more times, and while I'm worried that it has the tendency to just spit out lands and not do much else, I'm mostly satisfied.

However, my main issue is the lack of alternate win-cons. I'd like to find something which fits the deck better; I don't want to just jam in something like Approach of the Second Sun.

Any ideas? Thank you!

https://deckstats.net/decks/149773/2632722-michiko/en?revision=10

FinnernMagic

• Decks
« Réponse #2 le: Juillet 25, 2022, 11:27:31 am »
There are some approaches to alternate win-cons depending on what you want.
I'm going to suggest you 3 extra way to win.
Combo:
Heliod, Sun-Crowned + Walking Ballista: you already have Heliod, Sun-Crowned in the deck so adding Walking Ballista to the deck gives you another win-con.

Big board:
Halo Fountain: If you can make 15 creatures and tap them(through attacking or other means) than you can use this as an alternate win-con. this can also be card draw so the card in itself is not too bad.

Lifegain:
Aetherflux Reservoir: If you gain life, than this is a good way to kill atleast 1 opponent.

I'm not too familiar with mono-white as i just recently made my first (Ao, the Dawn Sky) mono-white commander deck so if non of my suggestions fit what you want to do, than i suggest you look into white cards with win the game in the text on scryfall or gatherer or look at mono-white combos on EDHREC https://edhrec.com/combos/w
Am I even playing EDH if there is no dragons in the deck?

llamadude

• Patron
  • Decks
« Réponse #3 le: Juillet 25, 2022, 02:51:26 pm »
Great suggestions, thank you!

I don't currently have a Halo Fountain, but I actually like this suggestion best since it really can do a lot of work without being a win-con. I didn't like the card when it was first spoiled, since I'm not usually such a fan of explicit "win the game" effects, but I don't think I realized its utility outside of that before.

I'm at least going to stick in Walking Ballista though, as it can also be a mana sink even if I don't have Heliod out.

I'm hesitant about Reservoir though, since the lifegain in the deck isn't the strongest, and I often get stuck topdecking lands after too long while goldfishing, so I don't even have a lot of spells to feed it.

Thank you! And I'll see if I can acquire a Halo Fountain to stick in there too!