deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Nicky B Grixis Discard - Comments  (Read 199 times)

Comment Bot

Nicky B Grixis Discard - Comments
« on: December 26, 2018, 06:08:37 pm »
Nicky B Grixis Discard

This topic has been created automatically to discuss this deck.
Dieses Thema wurde automatisch erstellt, um dieses Deck zu diskutieren.

Jace27

• Combo+Combo=More combos :)
  • Decks
Re: Nicky B Grixis Discard - Comments
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2018, 06:08:41 pm »
I suggest running Windfall, Jace's Archivist and Dark Deal as well as any other good wheels you have (Maybe Time Reversal ?) and trying to run more affects that work based on mass discard like Geth's Grimoire (if you're feeling really mean Notion Thief) , Megrim and Raider's Wake. If you don't like that style of discard I would still upgrade your counterspells to actual Counterspell, Counterflux, Mystic Confluence or Arcane Denial. I would try to play more cards that say each player/opponent discards a card like Rotting Rats, Delirium Skeins or Neheb, the Worthy so that you don't get blown out by the opponents you aren't targeting. That said, the specter subtheme is really cool so if you want to stick with it that is very flavorful. I would replace Wild-Field Scarecrow with Burnished Hart and/or Solemn Simulacrum. While Metallurgic Summonings is on the No-No's list, it actually isn't bad if you switch to a more spell based version of the deck. You have some artifact deck themed cards like Contraband Kingpin, and I either recommend going pretty all in on that theme by playing a ton of ramp or avoiding it and cutting those cards. I think you should play Gilded Lotus, Sol Ring and all of the signets in your colors anyway, either way.  I would definitely keep Dragon's Hoard, and Creeping Dread of off your maybe list; Izzet Charm is solid too, but the rest could use some changes possibly. I might upgrade your card draw by replacing cards like Foresee with Mystic Confluence,  or Fact or Fiction. You seem to need some more wraths for the deck, and I think Blasphemous Act is a very good option, but the coolest options out there for your deck are Crux of Fate and Hour of Devastation. These cards don't hurt your commander too much, and they are incredibly flavorful. Dark Intimations is a little bit high on the mana cost for its effect, but it very powerful and flavorful in your deck. Sorry for the long rambling comment, but the deck looks very cool and could be very good with a few upgrades. Commander decks are for fun, so if you want to keep any of the cards or strategies I suggest cutting, just do it.
For my opponents, a healthy diet of counterspells, artifacts, and crazy combos.

Petej93

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2018, 06:45:18 pm »
Hi Jace,

Thank you so much for your input! I will definitely look to get those cards! I think I might just cut the artifact theme, as it would require a lot more attention than the main focus, and maybe just revisit it once the deck is up and running. I love crux of fate, and will definitely look at Dark intimations, as I love a good hateful deck which causes people to sacrifice cards.

Regarding lands, do you think for cost effectiveness I should only bring in maybe the pain lands and the check lands and maybe a couple of tapped lands?

Jace27

• Combo+Combo=More combos :)
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2018, 07:03:04 pm »
I think you have the right idea for the manabase, you might want to use the lands like Smoldering Marsh or the cycle lands because they make al of your check lands enter untapped.
For my opponents, a healthy diet of counterspells, artifacts, and crazy combos.

ApothecaryGeist

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2018, 02:05:04 am »
Feel free to compare with my Bolas discard deck  https://deckstats.net/decks/97591/926231-bolas-won-t-let-you-have-a-han/en

Happy Brewing :)
Happy Brewing!
:)