deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Modern] My First Deck  (Read 480 times)

RadiatedCave

• Decks
[Modern] My First Deck
« on: October 02, 2022, 03:30:09 pm »

Gauz

• Decks
Re: [Modern] My First Deck
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2022, 01:29:54 am »
thanks for sharing!  ;D

I've been playing arena; and haven't had a chance to play a deck with three colors yet. Gonna try it out now 8)

edit: it's fun! Did make some changes to the lands right away though. Was it intentional to have white/blue lands as part of the deck?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2022, 03:40:10 am by Gauz »

RadiatedCave

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2022, 09:48:45 pm »
I Was Just Putting Them In There Until I Could Find My Other Dual Lands I Will Post An Update When I Have The Time!

Gauz

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2022, 09:12:24 pm »
Word! I posted mine too, made a lot of changes since then though. No matter how much I adjust it though, it seems basically impossible to beat a deck full of legendaries/mythic rares  :o

Cosmic_Insight

• praise Sylveon for upvotes
  • Decks
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2022, 06:38:06 pm »
The meta is a cruel thing. Not all decks run as many rares and mythics as possible, but higher rarities tend to see more play. In Modern, a deck needs to be able to quickly or effectively enact its gameplan while having consistent answers for as many other common decks as possible. From what I've noticed of your deck, it seems to be the two Arena starter decks melded together, and that's most likely the problem. Modern is a format of efficient threats and answers, where almost everyone runs fetchlands (Scalding Tarn,) other fast mana sources, and cheap spells. By the time you cast a Thundering Raiju, the Murktide Regent deck probably has a Ragavan, Nimble Pilferer, Ledger Shredder, and a handful of interactive spells. THe downside of older and more powerful formats is that they're often extremely expensive to get into, and this is why I suggest Pauper if you intend to play paper Magic. Budget decks in formats like Modern can be fun, but if you're looking to win some games, you need to get your inner Spike on and figure out what sees play, and how to counter it.
God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. owo