deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Are these moves legal?  (Read 1723 times)

rcdmk

• Decks
Are these moves legal?
« on: September 10, 2013, 03:25:22 am »
First of all, I'm a newbie to planeswalkers rules. I have played for about 5 years from Tempest launch and returning now on Gatecrash.
For what I know, planeswalkers does't suffer from summoning sickness, but I want to know if this somehow-combo is legal:

Lets suppose I have at least 5 mana each turn and my hand contains: Traumatize and 2x Jace, Memory Adept .

My 1st turn - I play Traumatize, supposing my opponent move about 20-27 cards from his library to the grave
My 2nd turn - I play Jace, Memory Adept and use its second (0) ability on my opponent, making he move more 10 cards to the grave
My 3rd turn - I use the second Jace's ability one more time, trowing more 10 cards of my opponent to graveyard and then play a new Jace, destroying the first because of its uniqueness rule, then play the second ability of my newly played Jace, moving the rest of my opponents library to graveyard.

Eldraziman

• Decks
Re: Are these moves legal?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 07:46:12 am »
not legal i'm afraid. i used to use a couple of memory adepts and tried that myself during a fnm the person in charged told me when a second jace is summoned they BOTH are destroyed. It's the same as if two legendary creatures are on the field they both get the boot

rcdmk

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 04:51:38 pm »
Thanks for the info, but this rule changed on november past year.

The legend and planeswalker rules now states that when you have more than one legend with the same name or planeswalker with the same type, you have to choose one and destroy the others. And one more change is that this effect is not affected by other players cards. Ie.: If an opponent already has a Jace on his battlefield, you may cast a Jace and both will remain untouched, when this would destroy the previously casted legend or planeswlaker on the old rules.

I'm concerned more if I can use the ability of the second planeswalker after using the on the first and casting the second.

I hope I've made me clear.

Whiskas286

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2013, 05:23:25 pm »
After the rule was changed for this, it's perfectly legal to first activate an ability from Jace No.1, then to play Jace No. 2 (sacrificing the other one) and activate his ability again.

rcdmk

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2013, 03:07:32 am »
Thank you. It was something that was bogging me, since this can be disastrous. This rule change could also address this concept or maybe it was a marketing strategy to sell more planeswalkers.

AeroSigma

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2013, 07:07:47 pm »
It was more of a game-design strategy to make Planeswalkers and Legendaries more fun to play.   Read this article if you have a couple minutes.

http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.aspx?x=mtg/daily/feature/248f

The key point:

[The old rule] ended up making interactions between players who shared legendary permanents a game about who could use his or her permanent as a terror more often and not about the cool things the legendary permanents or Planeswalkers themselves could do