deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Autor Tema: esper stone blade or 4 color deathblade?? on the philippine legacy meta  (Leído 1561 veces)

seeker

• Decks
Hello fellow legacy players,

majority of the players that i talk to normally gears towards the shift to either a 4 color or red splash convert of the previous buw (esper) build. starting to play uw stoneblade down to esper for more than a year.

aside from budget constraints. "Lingering Souls" appears to be a huge factor in this shift and up until now i still see it's viability and optimacy in the current philippine legacy meta.

here's a link to the esper stoneblade decklist that top 8'd on a recent tourney that we had @ Bacolod Chicken Inasal Greehills Manila PH

http://deckstats.net/forum/index.php/topic,1007.0.html

2 Island
1 Plains
1 Swamp
4 Flooded Strand
3 Polluted Delta
2 Marsh Flats
1 Karakas
1 Scrubland
1 Wasteland
1 Dust Bowl
4 Tundra
3 Underground Sea
3 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
4 Stoneforge Mystic
1 Darkblast
1 Quiet Speculation
1 Intuition
4 Lingering Souls
1 Cabal Therapy
3 Thoughtseize
4 Brainstorm
2 Ponder
4 Swords to Plowshares
3 Force of Will
1 Batterskull
1 Umezawa's Jitte
2 Snapcaster Mage
1 Vendilion Clique

//Sideboard
SB: 2 Rest in Peace
SB: 2 Relic of Progenitus
SB: 1 Surgical Extraction
SB: 1 Force of Will
SB: 3 Spell Pierce
SB: 1 Perish
SB: 1 Deathmark
SB: 1 Massacre
SB: 1 Supreme Verdict
SB: 1 Path to Exile
SB: 1 Blue Elemental Blast

as you can see my board is geared towards playing against deathrite shaman. so far the deck played well and i just need to make a 1-2 card slot modification if i need to adjust with our current meta.

shifting towards a "new" concept might be appropriate but i have some thoughts moving forward...

-why spend more than $200 just to upgrade on a weaker manabase?
deathrite shaman is still a crit. once dead a 4 color manabase is still clunky against a wasteland

- lingering souls is harder to deal with than deathrite shaman on majority of the 1st rd games.

- most of the bad matchups are mostly combo or other variants of aggro like merfolk or goblins. deathrite shaman doesn't seem to be the most optimal answer

i'd like to discuss various reasons as to why but for now i'll say that esper stoneblade w/o bob or deathrite is still viable

« Última modificación: Septiembre 10, 2013, 07:06:57 pm por seeker »